advertisement

The 2024 Formula One Season

What I hope for is that Williams through clever design and luck hit on the fastest car. RB deliver a lemon and Alex Albon wins the championship by winning the first 15 races.

Back in the real world. I just hope for a closer fight at the front.

What I hope for is that Williams through clever design and luck hit on the fastest car. RB deliver a lemon and Alex Albon wins the championship by winning the first 15 races.

Back in the real world. I just hope for a closer fight at the front.
You just made my day!

2024 predictions:

Verstappen to win 4th WC but will not have it all his own way.

Ferrari to be main challenger to RB. LeClerc and Sainz will both win multiple races.

McLaren/AM - will stall in terms of development and Mercedes will move into a clear third place, but overall will be another disappointing season for them.

Williams will continue to improve, but Albon will go back to Red Bull for 2025.

Ricciardo will not shine at AlphaTauri (sadly as I really like him) and will retire from F1 at the end of the season.

Perez will have a terrible season and will retire from F1 at the end of the season also.

DWC

1. Verstappen
2. LeClerc
3. Sainz

CWC

1. Red Bull (but only just)
2. Ferrari
3. Mercedes

2024 predictions:

Verstappen to win 4th WC but will not have it all his own way.

Ferrari to be main challenger to RB. LeClerc and Sainz will both win multiple races.

McLaren/AM - will stall in terms of development and Mercedes will move into a clear third place, but overall will be another disappointing season for them.

Williams will continue to improve, but Albon will go back to Red Bull for 2025.

Ricciardo will not shine at AlphaTauri (sadly as I really like him) and will retire from F1 at the end of the season.

Perez will have a terrible season and will retire from F1 at the end of the season also.

DWC

1. Verstappen
2. LeClerc
3. Sainz

CWC

1. Red Bull (but only just)
2. Ferrari
3. Mercedes

Your bet is as good as mine.... But I don't think Albon will go back to RB. Better be a hero at Williams than being totally outperformed at Max Bull.

A strange fact that practically no one will be aware of is that in around 2000 I recruited Ayao Komatsu and James Vowles to BAR.

Now both of them are Team Principals (Haas and Williams) as teams are moving on from having some old guy running the team!

Andretti F1 bid rejected. Some strong language there.

Seems a bit contradictory in the statement:

1. F1 are worried that Andretti F1 will not be competitive to start with.
2. Andretti is not adding enough to F1 but with a GM engine in 2028 it probably would be.

I see the 2 statements as contradictory as starting with a competitive engine is far better than an unknown engine (everything else being equal).

It seems to me that the other 10 teams, for reasons of their own, really didn’t want Team Andretti on the grid and lobbied F1 to reject the bid. This document is an attempt to rationalize that decision and prevent F1 from getting entangled in lawsuits.

It seems to me that the other 10 teams, for reasons of their own, really didn’t want Team Andretti on the grid and lobbied F1 to reject the bid. This document is an attempt to rationalize that decision and prevent F1 from getting entangled in lawsuits.
But

7. Our assessment did not involve any consultation with the current F1 teams.

advertisement

Back