advertisement

Tell me about NS1000'S.

Bright? Not with the level switches centered, even with solid state electronics that are not remotely "warm".

Restore? If it ain't broke, just fit some decent terminals and enjoy.

Listening to my Ms now.
Very enjoyable speakers. Dynamic, super mids adequate tuneful bass. Easy to drive.
Using Nakamichi PA7 now . Before that i used a few vintage Sansui valve and tranny amps .
Highly recommended.

Listening to my Ms now.
Very enjoyable speakers. Dynamic, super mids adequate tuneful bass. Easy to drive.
Using Nakamichi PA7 now . Before that i used a few vintage Sansui valve and tranny amps .
Highly recommended.

Thank you , I'm really looking forward to picking mine up . Do you have them on stands , if so how tall are they ? .

Bright? Not with the level switches centered, even with solid state electronics that are not remotely "warm".

Restore? If it ain't broke, just fit some decent terminals and enjoy.
I have used mine with the controls set for a level FR in some measurements published about 30 years ago. HF is -1 and MF -2.
I do play about a bit but usually put them back to those settings.

FWIW while I have owned them I have used them wit a Nakamichi 530, Musical Fidelity A370, Hafler 220, and class-D amps.

I've head many pairs with many amps from pretty cheap integrated to pretty high end, and I think they're great. They "play music", if you know what I mean. It's only the looks that's stopped me buying some. Actually, I could well put them in that "hi-fi itch" thread.

They "play music", if you know what I mean.

I do indeed. The magic is in that midrange dome, with its detail, speed and articulation.

Slightly ironic that a speaker with that much abused word "Monitor" emblazened on it should be such an engaging listen in a domestic environment.

I ran mine with Audiolab and was very unimpressed. Got hold of a V-Fet Yamaha B-2 amplifier and they came alive. They really live power, so the Yamaha pre-power the op mentioned would be fabulous partners.
!

I'll second that
The B2 is 'the amp' ( they go for silly money) but i d say the C4 /M4 will be fine as the NS1000M is quite unfussy

I have used mine with the controls set for a level FR in some measurements published about 30 years ago. HF is -1 and MF -2.
I do play about a bit but usually put them back to those settings.

FWIW while I have owned them I have used them wit a Nakamichi 530, Musical Fidelity A370, Hafler 220, and class-D amps.

That’s interesting, as that’s more or less exactly where I ended up after a few days of fiddling.

Actually, it’s more than interesting, it’s liberating as I’ll stop worrying if I got it right!

Well I've got my hands on them now . They are the ebony finished non "M"s that that J7 put up for sale , I must say Johnnie was an absolute gent to deal with .

At the moment they are thrown into place and the left speaker is sat behind the Christmas tree so I have not heard them at their best but they are pretty good , with the C4/M4 there is non of the forward , harsh sounds some describe .

I'll post more ( and pics ) when I've had a bit more time with them but for now I would like to thank everyone who contributed to this thread and made my mind up to get these , thank you .

Well I've got my hands on them now . They are the ebony finished non "M"s that that J7 put up for sale , I must say Johnnie was an absolute gent to deal with .

At the moment they are thrown into place and the left speaker is sat behind the Christmas tree so I have not heard them at their best but they are pretty good , with the C4/M4 there is non of the forward , harsh sounds some describe .

I'll post more ( and pics ) when I've had a bit more time with them but for now I would like to thank everyone who contributed to this thread and made my mind up to get these , thank you .

Congrats, good luck getting them setup properly. They don’t actually take much setting up, they are very forgiving!! I’m mucho jealous, as I also wanted those speakers J5 was selling, but just couldn’t organise the time to drive upto get them. :(

Enjoy!

Help me find a pair of Ns2000 now...!!!

advertisement

Back