advertisement

Tarting up a photo from a digi compact

I really like the idea of turning this into a secondary 'theme ' thread.
Because it's not a competition, yet a great way of examining, and learning , newbie on-up, how to approach image touch-up - from the mild 'can you lose the aerial' to perhaps radical reinterpretation. Some of the thoughts expressed, and different perspectives showing-up here, as described from several - all add to the melt.

ETA: - face it , we all have 'snaps' where either:
1) we've been around the bouy with [photo + editing], realised what we saw in the snap, made it happen, ish; wonder if there's a parallax view; or
2) have a few examples, un-played-with, to throw out there;
3) Have a few examples where the 'vision' and what we have as a result, are at odds, not working - so let's see what other's might see in the raw image, and subsequently, make of it.
... sort of exercise...

tl;dr:
Soliciting, and appreciating alternate perspectives - is always a source of learning. 'pfm Tarting up a photo... #xyz: . . . . . ' - bring it on.

ETA2: As ever - let it stand, until it doesn't; if it devolves to a race to the bottom / something funny the first time, never after - I dunno - say, Kim Jong Un always making a guest appearance as Meter Guy, or 'the Michael Bay version /Explosion, with lens flare) or similar - as a theme, it won't be sustained, will it / having become a blatant waste of time.
- must alse make clear, in my time here at pfm that is a A Thing that happily has not plagued other 'theme' approaches ever, right across this site : )

- he says, trying to resist 'potatoshopping' 'the day after tomorrow' Twisters & Kim Jong Un into the 'sharknado'/ 'refinery explosion' images above... nnng, must ...resist...

I agree on the 'theme' thread idea - turning into a competition will kill it dead for me - it should be about appreciating what other people see in an image - I don't feel like a winner (maybe because I wasn't) - well done Martin, although I liked Mr Perspectives the most....:)

I agree on the 'theme' thread idea - turning into a competition will kill it dead for me - it should be about appreciating what other people see in an image - I don't feel like a winner (maybe because I wasn't) - well done Martin, although I liked Mr Perspectives the most....:)
I'm inclined to agree. On PFM everyone's a winner baby!

Nailed-on, I agree;

New 'problem' theme here:

advertisement

Back