advertisement

System pictures from 20 years ago....

Fully 15yrs ago next week ... two idiots (-well: I account myself as such; but in company of my unfairly-maligned friend @MarkW ) messing-about with a pair of 50mm Bandor drivers, much spare foamboard, and beer:

Horn-loaded sink-plungers:

bandor1.jpg

bandor2.jpg

(yes, a stereo pair of such)

- I seem to remember us giggling , a lot, - at how well this stupid idea, actually worked!

...the other pair of such Bandors I had, ended-up in bamboo, 1litre, utensil pots from the Closing sale of 'Habitat' not long after - these, I think, ended their life with @stevec67 :

bandor4.jpg

bandor3.jpg

..also equally amusing...

Fully 15yrs ago next week ... two idiots (-well: I account myself as such; but in company of my unfairly-maligned friend @MarkW ) messing-about with a pair of 50mm Bandor drivers, much spare foamboard, and beer:

Horn-loaded sink-plungers:

bandor1.jpg

bandor2.jpg

(yes, a stereo pair of such)

- I seem to remember us giggling , a lot, - at how well this stupid idea, actually worked!

...the other pair of such Bandors I had, ended-up in bamboo, 1litre, utensil pots from the Closing sale of 'Habitat' not long after - these, I think, ended their life with @stevec67 :

bandor4.jpg

bandor3.jpg

..also equally amusing...
It was around the same time in 2008 I was playing around with my Bandor 50mm drivers in a cabinet made out of Ikea bowls. Ignore the student digs with damp on the wall and general mess...
Really liked the Bandor drivers, still look out for a pair if they ever turn up in good conditon!

Hifi by Robert Seymour, on Flickr

@Hoopsontoast is that a Michell Focus One turntable? I was kindly loaned one for quite some time and really enjoyed it. Much better than the Planar 3 I bought once Focus One went back to its owner.

I really enjoyed my time with those Amaya speakers Darren, alas a mate brought round a vintage smallish pair of Celestion one day to show me how the mids were missing information between their strengths of upper (panel) and lower (bass driver) frequencies. He was right and it was time to move on as we do.

Hi John, I do remember pics of your listening space with the Tannoys. Cool as always...

Where's your source?

Hi John, I do remember pics of your listening space with the Tannoys. Cool as always...

Where's your source?
It’s setup in the basement rec room. I have a 65 foot interconnect from the tape out feeding the Sonos for vinyl listening.

h6xGHBf.jpeg

Vintage LP12 and Exposure Amps.

advertisement

Back