HRS Record Weight
Audio Origami PU7 with Benz LP-S
Kuzma Stogi Reference with Shelter 501 Mono

P4090122.jpg

P4090128.jpg

P4090133.jpg

P4090143.jpg

P4090187.jpg

I really should buy a PU7 one of these days as I've never read a bad thing said about them.

I really should buy a PU7 one of these days as I've never read a bad thing said about them.
And you won't hear a bad thing from me. I'm very impressed with this arm. Beautiful engineering, and sounds amazing.

Okay, one tiny quibble - having a single, large counterweight makes fine adjustment of VTF virtually impossible. Getting to the right VTF is really hit and miss, and once in the right ballpark it is very difficult to make precise small adjustments. If this was split into a larger and smaller counterweight the arm would be perfect.

Heres mine

DSC_3689.jpg

DSC_3692.jpg

Its gotten pretty simple over the years, an supernait, AV amp and a DACv1

In the draw of the hifi cabinet is a computer which runs the 24inch touch screen with J River. This went in primarily for the family as its dead easy to use, will also pump music through to the kitchen. Or it can be controlled from a phone.

Just added some Tune Audio Primes and they are outstanding speakers, might even be good enough to displace the Audio Notes.

SJS Arcadia Model 1.5 Line preamp (off being upgraded with duelund caps etc)
SJS Arcadia Model 5 SE 300B Power Amplifier - Western Electric 300b - Mullard GZ37 - Sylvania 6sn7
Modwright LS100 - Mullard GZ34 - USA TungSol 6sn7
Tune Audio Prime speakers
Audio Note 4.1 DAC
Origin Live Resolution mk3 - Audio Note Arm One v2 - Decca Gold
Whest PS.30 rdt Special Edition

IMG_0644 by The Biglebowski, on Flickr

IMG_0645 by The Biglebowski, on Flickr

IMG_0648 by The Biglebowski, on Flickr

IMG_0647 by The Biglebowski, on Flickr

Yeah I picked it up for a tenner I think, which I thought good value.

The garish back wall is in fact 5 panels, the large black one with the TV on pulls out like a door and the side panels hook off, revealing all the wires and power etc. Each panel is underlaid before covered so its like a wall carpet which is good for what is essentially a box room.

1999, preparing to leave Saudi once and for all, sharing a worn out old villa with a drunken storeman.

Our second Hi-Fi system, redecorated room and installed stored stereo gear when our second child moved out into the world.

~
Intended to install amp in middle shelf of rack, missed by 7mm ...

Speakers: Evolution Acoustics MMMicroOne speakers (why three M's?, bought from dartZeel Switzerland years ago, in storage for ~4 years)

Amp: ShengYa A17CS hybrid integrated amp, equipped with cryo tubes of good quality from Watford valves, not being used for last ~4 years.

DAC: iFi iDAC2, so and so DAC, had hoped for something better. Let's see where I end up.

Streaming: RaspBerry Pi running Roon Bridge, works brilliantly, Powered by HDPlex LPS on bottom shelf (leftover from other project).

Our second Hi-Fi system, redecorated room and installed stored stereo gear when our second child moved out into the world.

~
Intended to install amp in middle shelf of rack, missed by 7mm ...

Speakers: Evolution Acoustics MMMicroOne speakers (why three M's?, bought from dartZeel Switzerland years ago, in storage for ~4 years)

Amp: ShengYa A17CS hybrid integrated amp, equipped with cryo tubes of good quality from Watford valves, not being used for last ~4 years.

DAC: iFi iDAC2, so and so DAC, had hoped for something better. Let's see where I end up.

Streaming: RaspBerry Pi running Roon Bridge, works brilliantly, Powered by HDPlex LPS on bottom shelf (leftover from other project).

Very unusual.

How would you describe the sound?

After more procrastinating, divorce, re-marriage and waiting for all the moons of Jupiter to align into a figure of eight pattern I have finally fitted my re-wired Mission 774 arm to my LP12.

And it sounds rather good, replacing a Linn Aktio from 1992.

...it looks rather good too.

The arm was built in a time were Imperial measurements were all the rage, so none of my metric hex keys fitted it... :(

Shame it was missing the Mission logo on the front.

Just added some Tune Audio Primes and they are outstanding speakers, might even be good enough to displace the Audio Notes.

SJS Arcadia Model 1.5 Line preamp (off being upgraded with duelund caps etc)
SJS Arcadia Model 5 SE 300B Power Amplifier - Western Electric 300b - Mullard GZ37 - Sylvania 6sn7
Modwright LS100 - Mullard GZ34 - USA TungSol 6sn7
Tune Audio Prime speakers
Audio Note 4.1 DAC
Origin Live Resolution mk3 - Audio Note Arm One v2 - Decca Gold
Whest PS.30 rdt Special Edition

IMG_0644 by The Biglebowski, on Flickr

Your room needs a rug man, it really..............you know the rest

Spent most of yesterday moving 80% of my LPs out of the rack, so we could move the rack by 1ft, and redecorate the hallway at the same time, and then moving them back again, all because, apparently, the cat didn't like where his bed was. Someone should invent some form of portable music format, 900 LPs is a lot of weight to move twice in a day...

vinyl by Jem Hayward, on Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back