advertisement

System pics 2013 - part II

After adding my LP12 to my Uniti mynas loving it I decided to hunt down and restore another second hand LP12 to go with my attic system.

I'm really enjoying the difference between the 2 TT's and thanks to Peter Swain I managed to set this up myself.

null_zps22115fc9.jpg

Well, initially was brought on in the needs for a 'spring clean' around the back of the speakers/stands, and also the 'BackWall' thread of a few days back where folk were discussing room proportions, nulls and optimal seating positions. Given that I have good room dims and an excellent seating position, thought I'd give the speaker placement a tweak.

What's improved; bass response, soundstage and 3D'ness. Funny how moving speakers further away from the rear wall has created more bass, something I wasn't expecting.

I have not set up a hi fi system at home because of my 1 year old son. I listen to music only during lunchtime using a headphone based system:

Lenovo laptop, ALAC files, iTune
Musical Fidelity V-DAC powered by a BBH (Farnell) power supply
Schiit Valhalla headphone amp
Sennheiser HD600 headphones

This system gives me joy and peace for half an hour every day at work.;)

sennschitt.jpg

110mm drain pipe rubber coupling flange some drivers, so toilet/speaker, the pee and boogie?

Pete

:D:D:D

Try to erase your memory connection between the pipe and pee and poo.... :mad::mad::mad:

I actually purchased those pipe thingy from koi pond centre. Does this make you guys feel better?

I have now listen to them for 2 years, I had wharfedale EVO-40, BMW 685, and Lowther PM6a + acousta 115 with a couple of solid and tube amps before them and used to upgrade every 8-12 months. I have stop upgrading since I have this toilet thing.

Their name is Pluto 2.1, created by Siegfried Linkwitz, YES the Linkwitz in Linkwitz-Riley crossover and most of you guys are listening to the music through the crossover everyday.

http://www.linkwitzlab.com/Pluto/Pluto-2.1.htm

110mm drain pipe rubber coupling flange some drivers, so toilet/speaker, the pee and boogie?

Pete

advertisement

Back