advertisement

System pics 2013 part I

Thanks Arthur and 33RPM!

IMG_0109.jpg

IMG_0115.jpg

IMG_0116.jpg

IMG_0117.jpg

Enjoying my RP6 immensely!
Simple and fuzz free as only Rega can be :)

Regards
RoDa

LOL!
Thanks, Alex N has got it right!
I used two of those.
The outer sides from number two as dividers and the top shelf from number two as ..eh... the top shelf. Also used all feet for extra weight tolerance.

Regards
RoDa

IMG_0112.jpg

LOL!
Thanks, Alex N has got it right!
I used two of those.
The outer sides from number two as dividers and the top shelf from number two as ..eh... the top shelf. Also used all feet for extra weight tolerance.

Regards
RoDa

IMG_0112.jpg

Aha! A splendid idea sir. Looks top class.

There's definitely a little piece of white dust near the listing arm on the deck.

... Still that's 1% of the dust here :D

Fekkin awesome, you better expect a visit some time!

No. This is for the next 3-4 years study and future work. Like all of us I cannot resist my ego's desire to willy wave especially after a setback, but I won't grant it more with "come visit my house and listen to my HiFi" invites or "bake offs" or audio competitions/comparisons because this is not what I find interesting. I'm usually the first to leave. I know many like it, but not me.

Anyway, purists would be disappointed as I stream other's music via medium bitrate Spotify using a jitter-prone and bit-imperfect AppleTV and that's unlikely to change, so by any reasonable definition it cannot be "HiFi" its "big, lumpy and stupidly overpriced equipment enabling whatever the hell it is I do". A bit like inviting people round to the office.

So no, no visits simply to listen to the equipment unless creatives are invited to collaborate.

OK then! But I didn't mean to have a chin stroking session, more just to meet up for a beer or sommert. Even just come see your new rebuild :) Nofink creepy like and/or hifi judging bake-offs, thats not my bag either! as You know my system, I'm also a fan ov'de mullet.

Good morning everyone

Oh no, not again by eponamusic, on Flickr
A delivery of a Borg Cube for little old me?
Really?

Oh no not again 2 by eponamusic, on Flickr

Yep... This is how Borg cubes arrive newborn...

I wonder if it will be friends by eponamusic, on Flickr

Out of the box, a 15" Sub and two SCM100ASLT playmates... Teaching it good socialization skills

At least it plays Prince Far-I in dub properly by eponamusic, on Flickr

Not tuned and very very non optimally and roughly placed.... These are intended for the 193m3 recording studio which will get a proper site install but I thought I might as well use the oither in our emergency accommodation fir shits and giggles

I have just about enough low-ebb now...

Well, now it plays Prince Far-I in dub properly.

and now a message from my sponsor:

vinyl_scratch_will_bass_cannon_everything_you_love_by_anaya666-d5c8t1h.jpg

That's a seriously evil system... love it! :cool:

no matter how minimal and hi tech I can get it (that tiny SSL desk is an absolute joy to use), nothing quite beats a mattress for the "middle wall" conundrum... Cheap, works better than most commercial solutions and you can sleep on it when you can't make it up the stairs in the early hours...

I have high hopes the iPad will become a meter bridge/surround radar meter until then, its keeps my hearing safe

EDIT: I will have what approaches a "normal" HiFi eventually, no real rush there. But that will be for the bedroom and even then probably still Spotify etc, so inviting people up "for a listen" would be Just Plain Wrong.

I have high hopes the iPad will become a meter bridge/surround radar meter until then, its keeps my hearing safe
Oops... I have the same app and yesterday had the new speakers pegged at 100dB+. It was fun, but maybe a tad on the loud side.... I want to watch them levels, it's oh-so easy to see the levels start creeping up...

"First rule in government spending: why build one when you can have two at twice the price?"

advertisement

Back