advertisement

System pics 2013 part I

JTC,

I assume the TV is wall mounted? Have you considered moving the stuff in the cupboard onto the shelves/sideboard/furniture to the left or right of the speakers?

With nothing in between the speakers, some say additional sonic benefits may be gained, and it would look less cramped.

Cheers,
Samuel.

The system isn't moving; we looked at side mounting the system but the speakers would look even dafter without something inbetween (a lot to do with their depth). I sometimes sit in that chair, yes, or sometimes in the sofa that's maybe eight feet further back. Sound is always better nearfield, so it works really well apart from bass weight (there's a null there).

My pre-tidy pic...

v5xso9.jpg
[/IMG]

You know, Arthur, ceiling mounting my ATCs would solve many problems... just not sure if the wife would take to it...

aha!

On the ipad, with which I posted them, the second two photos are fine. but looked at with the macbook they are upside down???

eh what?

iPad and iPhone photos are always upside down when viewed on my PC. Put them thru a photo editor to rotate them

I like the clean looks of your system, Jack Barriere. :)
(although I'd try to hide the speaker cable a bit more)

If memory serves me well, you recently had a very large vinyl storage unit against that wall, behind your Linn speakers, am I right ?
Yes I do. Relocated them around the house so I can have a wall to place the 109s properly. Huge improvement :)

advertisement

Back