advertisement

Strauss opera bargain

Universal don't have any in stock by the way. Could be a sign of it being deleted.

They gave me a dispatch date of 5 May. I'm planning on writing a letter to Amazon declaring my self as a lifelong Strauss devotee and loyal customer and therefore no one is more deserving of their magnificent generosity than I.
I felt it only appropriate to warn them that those less worthy- the neophytes, vulgarians and opportunists, were seeking to take advantage and merely chancing their arm. I have forwarded on the identities of those on the thread. It's every man for himself now.
-Goodbye.

I was given a dispatch date of 3rd May ..to the 18th May for this complete cannon of Strauss Operas at that cheap price from Amazon.
Being a ' current scanner' of all the various web sites for the best offers on Classical CDs, I have noticed in the interim, since the 'order stampede' : that this particular DG Edition is still listed as current on many other websites.

They gave me a dispatch date of 5 May. I'm planning on writing a letter to Amazon declaring my self as a lifelong Strauss devotee and loyal customer and therefore no one is more deserving of their magnificent generosity than I.
I felt it only appropriate to warn them that those less worthy- the neophytes, vulgarians and opportunists, were seeking to take advantage and merely chancing their arm. I have forwarded on the identities of those on the thread. It's every man for himself now.
-Goodbye.
And I will start in combat - throwing at you, all the multiple other complete versions of Strauss operas in my existing collection. :D
Be warned....

I have easily up to 6 or 7 versions of some of these operas to use as brickbats.

I was given a dispatch date of 3rd May ..to the 18th May for this complete cannon of Strauss Operas at that cheap price from Amazon.
Being a ' current scanner' of all the various web sites for the best offers on Classical CDs, I have noticed in the interim, since the 'order stampede' : that this particular DG Edition is still listed as current on many other websites.

See post #41. Almost certainly deleted...

What do you call it when a company advertises stuff, takes orders for it but doesn't actually have it to sell? I've only ever seen it once elsewhere recently- Currys dangling an attractive price, went all the way to taking card payment then said they dont have it and Id need to try reordering in a week. It was a blessing in disguise for I then saw the same thing, even cheaper and got it delivered free in 48hrs.

I have had the delay notification and the statement that they will update me when they hear from their supplier but they also state that no money will be be taken until the order is ready for dispatch.

Elektra is the opera about which somebody at the time said "There is nothing beyond Wagner - Richard Strauss has gone there and found nothing"

I am inclined to disagree.

Mine updated to "Arriving 23rd May - 1st June". I'm not getting too excited yet though, and I'll believe it when it happens.

I am in 'the same boat' ... getting the identical -type notification from Amazon that the arrival date for shipment has had to be 'put back a bit in time from th middle of May till June ', due to unavailability of this Strauss complete Opera box from the suppliers.. Other CD buying sites are still advertising the item for sale (at greatly higher prices, of course!)
In any case, I advise no one to heed Amazon's accompanying reply- suggestion of perhaps "instead cancelling the Order from Amazon". At the very least........play the matter along & help embarrass them, should they finally try & renege on the original offer deal!

Is it not Amazon, who in advertising : has always purported to guarantee that prospective buyers pay the lowest price possible , once the customer 'pushes the button' to buy a particular article from them?

The moment of truth has arrived......

31st May shipping date was promised a while ago, but no action as yet.

advertisement

Back