advertisement

Star Trek: Original Series • Discovery • Picard • Lower Decks • Prodigy • Strange New Worlds

I stopped watching Discovery after the Harry Mudd time machine episode, which was dire in the extreme. has it improved since that?

...or you may want to skip to the second half opener -- if we are to believe joe that the rest was just a silly setup and all will be better.

I worry about Joe, in the same way that I worried about Lieutenant Reginald Endicott "Reg" Barclay III when it became obvious that he was spending way too much time on the holodeck.

My favourite star trek film is number six the undiscovered country

And Jonathan Frakes deserves to be tortured for all eternity (or worse) for what he did to Thunderbirds.

I'd rather like a retro-futuristic Star Trek that just did good stories and re-created the TOS look. I'm sure you could get some interesting reexamination of the mores of the 60s vs today along with the exploring the mores of today by sneakily portraying todays problems as aliens, time travel, robots etc.

And you could have woollen collars.

I'd rather like a retro-futuristic Star Trek that just did good stories and re-created the TOS look. I'm sure you could get some interesting reexamination of the mores of the 60s vs today along with the exploring the mores of today by sneakily portraying todays problems as aliens, time travel, robots etc.

And you could have woollen collars.

We already have it. It's called The Orville.

Stephen

Well I don't like Orville.

The nods / homages to classic Trek episodes are quite nice. I just think it fails to be funny.

Some are speculating that Ash Tyler is Voq but what if he’s Vuk! Only a tribble will know for sure.

Joe

[RAISED EYEBROW]There exists an error in your logic Ensign Petrik, as a Tribble may not actually like either of them.[/RAISED EYEBROW]

I look forward to reading how much the haterz hate ST: Discovery later today or tomorrow.

< Alan Rickman Voice >Do not... disappoint me.< /Alan Rickman voice >

Joe

The actor supposed to be Voq does not exist in any actor directory.

The speculation about this is much more interesting than the plot of the first few episodes.

Maybe this is the new reality. The lives of the stars on the shows are so starkly visceral - abuse, sexism, homophobia, being impossible to work with - and always visible in the media. Not only are 'reality' TV shows cheap and keep the masses intoxicated, but the actors own drama trumps that of the writers. I suspect we will see much more video and text about "hey, how did you keep the secret, what was it like, was it a strain on your relationship with your dog walker?" than actually about the plot or the episode.

Will, Will, Will - please look at the sketch artist over here. Is that a new ruff? Who does your Madilon? What did her majesty say to you? Who is the "Dark Lady" Will? Are you faithful to Anne? Will, Will, Will...

Screen%2BShot%2B2015-09-25%2Bat%2B11.54.58%2BPM.png

Smart, stable and the real scourge of the North Klingons. In symbiosis with the king tribble.

No one is complaining, so was the latest episode OK?

Joe

P.S. Remember this?

G9JFCSf.jpg

The illustrator has done a Next Gen version.

cWKrL7x.jpg

Joe

advertisement

Back