advertisement

Star Trek: Original Series • Discovery • Picard • Lower Decks • Prodigy • Strange New Worlds

Hopefully we are seeing the battle for the soul of The Federation where out of conflict comes a demonstration that you can win, and stick to your principles.

Jonathan,

I'll keep watching and hoping, but unless the new series becomes true to Gene's vision I'm unlikely to watch any episode more than three times.

Joe

Gets a big elongated alien thumbs-up from me. It's terrific fun. The context of last night's amusing double f-bomb was further proof that it's Trek, Jim, but not as we know it.

Enjoyed episode 5 but what was the image fixed in the mirror last scene about?

A side effect of using himself as a navigator? Alternate universe? Can now be in two places at the same time? Developing the plot line that the mushroom drive had too many bad side effects, and was tossed aside by the time the Enterprise was built? Dunno...just guessing.

J
I'll keep watching and hoping, but unless the new series becomes true to Gene's vision I'm unlikely to watch any episode more than three times.

joe.

are all bets off when the pink-ray edition comes out 7 years from now?

vuk.

Vuk,

I'm just saying there are limits to how many times I'll watch an episode. I rarely watch a bad one more than three times.

Joe

There is no honour in that!

Today is a good day to {sneak a spy into Star Fleet to expose the secret of the new ship and stack the odds in our favour so that in battle there is no real chance that we will} die!

I think white-face takes a more nuanced view of honor than many.

In the mirror universe you have a goatee. Everyone knows that.

Joe

Oh, and the ship becomes the ISS Discovery. Sickbay also becomes a bit disorderly, there's more midriff on display and the helmsman is a bit less gay.

Joe

i'm currently midway through episode 4...

those discovery uniforms with the gold trim keep reminding me of elvis stojko's figure-skating outfits:

stojko.jpg

vuk.

Yuk,

what about people with a goatee in the original universe?
In the mirror universe they don't have a goatee. Do I have to 'splain everything?

Joe

advertisement

Back