advertisement

Star Trek: Original Series • Discovery • Picard • Lower Decks • Prodigy • Strange New Worlds

Really enjoyed that. Apart from the Jeffries Tube monster chase it was excellent!

Yeah, well, conventions of the genre again. These were jumbo 'Jeffries tubes' I notice. The TV set convenience of ridiculously space-wasting ship interiors is in general being indulged to the max in this series.

As far as that goes, I don't recall hearing the term 'Jeffries Tube' being used this time. I hope this traditional honor to Matt Jeffries will be maintained.

Really enjoyed that. Apart from the Jeffries Tube monster chase it was excellent!

...wonder if they're going to beam that monster onto a Klingon ship anytime soon.

I also enjoyed it, different, but stunning visually & kept me interested - looking forward to seeing the next episode.

Perhaps the biological warfare angle may be used to explain changes in Klingon appearance? Anyway, the wee beastie was only a disgruntled Targ.

Only the best actors have ever played the role of starship captain, after all.

Ineed, I understand Nigel Havers was almost cast as Capt Janeway!

Im a big Trek fan from TOS Next Gen DS 9 and Voyager which was good in parts although Janeway annoyed me something rotten. Have to say three episodes in and its not floating my boat.

I think it is still very much in feet finding mode. Still feels like two many cooks.

I'm sure it will settle down and get a plot or two on top of the look, atmosphere et al.

For anyone stuck seeing the US adverts, does anyone else find it droll that the restaurant chain warns us that "Endless shrimp won't last long?"

Who thinks they are counting on SF nerds to notice that and roll it around in their heads some....

I am really enjoying the series so far apart from the need to concentrate to hear some of the dialogue. I don't know why speech is muffled so much of late. It won't be long before sub tiltles are needed for half the stuff on the telly.

Yes. I, too, wish the young ones would open their mouths and speak properly, what's the blummin' world coming to? And their music (so called) - it's all 'boom boom boom' with no melody. In the old days we could whistle the melody... the yoof of today!

;) :p

It was Malfoy's dad I couldn't understand half the time.

{film editor geek alert}

Check out the soundtrack at 39'55 - a dialogue editor's nightmare. Isaacs' speech obviously constructed out of a couple of takes but the vocal pitch is so different as to make the result hilarious. With an ongoing production, why they couldn't have had the bugger back in the voice booth I cannot fathom.

It's broadcast in 1080 HDR but for the most part looks muddy and the colour grade is inconsistent across cuts.The sooner these feet finding episodes are out of the way the better.

It was Malfoy's dad I couldn't understand half the time.

{film editor geek alert}

Check out the soundtrack at 39'55 - a dialogue editor's nightmare. Isaacs' speech obviously constructed out of a couple of takes but the vocal pitch is so different as to make the result hilarious. With an ongoing production, why they couldn't have had the bugger back in the voice booth I cannot fathom.

Come on Nic, with the digital tools we have now, I can make Morgan Freeman sound like one of the Krankies (and vice-versa).

(or they could get a voice double in).

They probably blew the budget on Michelle YEOH!

Stephen

Come on Nic, with the digital tools we have now, I can make Morgan Freeman sound like one of the Krankies (and vice-versa).

(or they could get a voice double in).

Have a listen. I used to get paid to sort this stuff out.

Having the tools/knowing how to work them is not the same as knowing when and what to do ;)

advertisement

Back