advertisement

Slippers

I think I have some, or I did. ISTR they wore out, they may have gone to the recyc bin.

I generally wear a pair of canvas deck shoes. The advantage is that you can wear them to go to the post box without people looking at you like you suffer from a mental illness.

I may move on to an old pair of trainers, I have a pair that need using up and are nice and roomy, if you leave the laces loose they will just slip on and off.

Bare feet in my house in winter is a recipe for frostbite.

Wear them all the time, often go to work in them, probably two pairs per year.

Haven't smoked a pipe in years, even then it wouldn't have been Churchman's No 1 in there.

Saves pain when i walk into door stops, breeze blocks, tables etc round the house and my socks live longer.

Avoid the memory foam ones as your feet get hot. I use a very old pair of slip on trainer type shoes. They are full of holes, covered in paint spashes and generally very badly worn. My wife has been trying to bin them for years. Still the most comfortable shoes ever.

Collect as many freebie hotel ones as you can and store them near the front door for guests and family. This saves the planet and your floor from all the crap you have just walked through outside.

IMG_0549_zps4e33bd4b.jpg

Just acquired these :)

I thought slippers were for when you had to go outside in the winter to put the bins out and couldn't find yer Crocks. I have about four pairs, all in various stages of disintegration

Slippers essential here. The cat isn't sick very often, but the one time I went to the bathroom in bare feet - well, you can guess the rest.

Canvas deck shoes for me as well, comfy, can wear with socks, non smelly, can wear them to shops/driving, chasing grandkids/dogs etc.

Put's me in mind of a funny story, my aunt unfortunately suffered from dementia and was in the local sanatorium. My wife and myself were driving nearby and decided on an impromptu visit, while we were going to the ward we had to go through several doors, the last one of which closed behind us and locked and there was no door handle or lock on my side of the door.
This was the moment I realised I had came out in my slippers.

The thing with slippers is that they are light and comfy in a way that most shoes arent. You dont want to clumping round the house in shoes....even deck shoes or sandals

With a good sole they dont pick up fluids and muck like slipper socks. They keep you isolated from the cold kitchen floor much better than socks.

They are certainly worth having as they are not exactly expensive.

advertisement

Back