advertisement

Sia.... Why?

Arkless Electronics

Trade: Amp design and repairs.
...is she so popular? Seems to be the present "big thing", in adverts, always on the radio.. Slurs her words so much I can barely make out what she's saying! She can be heard ruining Tears for Fears "Everybody wants to rule the world" on an ad at the moment... yep that's her. Apparently she's a musical genius... Like Adele is (allegedly).

Bloody kids know nowt about music! It wasn't like this in my day don't yer know...

I remember when this were all fields:D

First two albums, the live album, and her work with Zero 7 I love.
Beyond that, not so much.
She was feckin brilliant at the Big Chill festival - I got chills when she sang Distractions.

Having heard her Christmas song on the radio more a couple of time I still have absolutely no idea what she was singing about. She really needs someone to teach her how to enunciate the lyrics.

I like a couple of songs only (e.g. 'The Greatest' and 'Cheap Thrills', ISTR the latter was offered to Rihanna first).

Last edited:
Thanks, that tells me all I want to know. I have honestly never heard of her. I’m not being disparaging, sniffy, snobbish or elitist, it’s just a fact.

...is she so popular? Seems to be the present "big thing", in adverts, always on the radio.. Slurs her words so much I can barely make out what she's saying! She can be heard ruining Tears for Fears "Everybody wants to rule the world" on an ad at the moment... yep that's her. Apparently she's a musical genius... Like Adele is (allegedly).

Bloody kids know nowt about music! It wasn't like this in my day don't yer know...

I remember when this were all fields:D
When Ed Sheeran can shift the amount he does you know pop music has died a death.
A complete lack of diversity, individuality & the ability to write a memorable tune, sums up the current pop scene, Sia is just another example of a lost art.

Watching the legend that is Ian Dury on an old totp recently only confirmed my thoughts.

Unfortunately the track obove by Sia is woeful

Chandelier?

It’s a song about addiction, coping mechanisms, desperation... sung with huge intensity. The accompanying video of the young girl dancing around a slightly desolate looking flat adds a performance-art dimension to it.

Regardless of whether it resonates with you personally, how you can find it woeful is, quite frankly, beyond me.

When Ed Sheeran can shift the amount he does you know pop music has died a death.
A complete lack of diversity, individuality & the ability to write a memorable tune, sums up the current pop scene, Sia is just another example of a lost art.

Watching the legend that is Ian Dury on an old totp recently only confirmed my thoughts.

Precisely!

advertisement

Back