advertisement

Should Ched Evans be playing professional soccer?

Oldham signed Lee Hughes upon his release from prison .

Lee Hughes killed someone cause he smacked his very expensive and very large sports car in to back of married 56 year old father of two . He ran from the scence in an attempt to avoid being found to be drunk .

nobody seems to have given a toss about that , Ched Evans is not even in the same ball park .

Well their custodial sentences were similar, but there was a significant difference in the response of the 2 men.

Smethwick-born Hughes told a packed press conference he would never forgive himself for the "dreadful mistakes and decisions" which led to the death of a father in a crash near his Meriden home in 2004.

If asked I'm sure most will claim to be in favour of prison sentences being about rehabilitation but when it comes to the crunch it's just words.

No doubt those same people would claim to be against stiffer sentences and capital punishment, yet in this case Evans may as well be left to rot in jail forever or be strung up from the nearest tree.

If people want him never to work again (and that's the deal here) what is it you propose he does to enable him to live? Oh, I know...he could turn to crime. Great idea. How about burglary and/or armed robbery next? Looks like he's not going to be allowed to do anything else.

Hughes killed someone whilst driving drunk , WTF do you expect him to say .

Ched ****ed a drunk girl .

He had two choices , choices to be made after he himself had been drinking .

A] shall i give her an orgasm from oral sex and then have sex with her

b] shall i leave this good looking women who wants to have sex with me after my mate as just banged her , because I adjudged that despite all she as said and done ,she is legally incapable of consenting to sex .

You of course being a pious scot would have opted for b, I find it difficult to condemn a young man for opting for a .

Oldham signed Lee Hughes upon his release from prison .

Lee Hughes killed someone cause he smacked his very expensive and very large sports car in to back of married 56 year old father of two . He ran from the scence in an attempt to avoid being found to be drunk .

nobody seems to have given a toss about that , Ched Evans is not even in the same ball park .

Blimey, Oldham sounds like the very bottom of the ugly barrel that is football. I'm amazed they have any supporters, let alone any corporate sponsors.

A lot of women, children and whole families go to football nowadays, it's nothing like it was decades ago.

I've been going to football since 1968 and I've been in any thuggery and haven't seen much thuggery. A typical town centre on a weekend is worse than a football match.

The percentage of thugs at football is very small and is really a thing of the past.

Ched ****ed a drunk girl .

He had two choices , choices to be made after he himself had been drinking .

A] shall i give her an orgasm from oral sex and then have sex with her

b] shall i leave this good looking women who wants to have sex with me after my mate as just banged her , because I adjudged that despite all she as said and done ,she is legally incapable of consenting to sex .

You of course being a pious scot would have opted for b, I find it difficult to condemn a young man for opting for a .

For the sake of protecting your career you should avoid making such dopey, sexist comments in public.

Strummers link was very interesting. I had heard rumours about previous 'form' but have since confirmed-the tone of the tweets was a bit unsettling 'big win' WTF?.

For the sake of protecting your career you should avoid making such dopey, sexist comments in public.

It was somewhat of parody based upon modern day sexual mores. It is none the less factually accurate and once Evans entered the hotel room it was precisely the choice he faced.

You will find at the beginning of the thread that I suggested that Evans displayed somewhat of a distasteful predatory attitude to women that I counsel my own daughter against. It is a very common attitude in young cocky men especially footballers as evidenced by Manchester United infamous Xmas party game shag a shop girl.

A niave distasteful attitude to sex and women which is prevelant in our culture is not deserving of a prison sentence.

A niave distasteful attitude to sex and women which is prevelant in our culture is not deserving of a prison sentence.

He got a prison sentence for RAPE. Not for being distasteful.

You disagreeing with that juries opinion is neither here nor there. You were not on that jury.

As a consequence of your repatative, niave and silly contributions ,I am compelled to ask where you on the jury and now realise your mistake.

He got a prison sentence for RAPE. Not for being distasteful.

You disagreeing with that juries opinion is neither here nor there. You were not on that jury.

He's done his time. He now needs to be allowed to get on with his life.

Strummers link was very interesting. I had heard rumours about previous 'form' but have since confirmed-the tone of the tweets was a bit unsettling 'big win' WTF?.

Indeed Frank. Apparently they were deleted quickly & weren't available during the trial. What a difference they could have made!

I suspect a few on here don't want to see them. They don't care if a 23 year old boy has his life ruined. "He's a Rich footballer, he deserves all he gets".

Rape is a vile crime, they should be locked away until they're no longer capable of posing a threat. Making false allegation of rape is a disgusting crime too.

For anyone interested, here's the link again :

WARNING!!! I've broken the link in case this breaks AUP.

http://www DOT corestore.org/lc.htm

She's a disgrace to real rape victims.

@298

Except he's right.

It seems people who have been up in arms for years at the erosion of civel liberties and such like believe someone convicted of a crime should never work again.

People may well claim that's not what they're saying but sadly it is exactly what people are saying. Either that or maybe it's simply because he's a footballer. Either reason is wrong.

advertisement

Back