advertisement

Serving linguini. What do you use?

Tony Lockhart

Avoiding Stress, at Every Opportunity
Just wondering if anyone can recommend anything to move the stuff from pan to plate. One of our favourites, tart's spaghetti, is a bugger to shift and our old fork type implement has gone missing. I've seen a couple of likely candidates on Amazon, but I'm all ears, as usual.

Help!

two forks?
Or on occasion a thingy like a soup ladel, but with fingered edges and a hole in th bottom for the water to drain...damned good thing in use, but two forks is free and just as good here.

We use these cooks tongs (link).
Recommended by my foodie father in law, and very useful for all sorts in the kitchen.

Edit: goodness gracious me - turns out pfm is a tong forum!

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I sort of pour out of the colander with a fork in support...

Well exactly... I was beginning to wonder if this was some sort of trick question.. ?

Pour it into a colander and drain. Then chuck it onto plates. with a fork for bit of control.

If you are coating it in a sauce first. Drain it, put it back in pan.. chuck sauce in.. serve.

This is Italian food.

I find one of these dual purpose jobbies to be just the thing...

back-scratcher__59636.1310473964.500.500.jpg

:)

What I'm finding is that after the pasta has been combined with the sauce, it tends to want to stay as one blob. A fork isn't man enough.

Thanks for the suggestions, and for a change none have been expensive! I'll run them past the chancellor to ask her what I think.

A large serving spoon and a large serving fork, as one would use for any other kind of pasta.

By the way, it is LINGUINE, not "linguini." In italian "lingua" is tongue, and is feminine, the term "linguina" is diminutive and means a small tongue. Thus, one "Linguina" or many
"Linguine."

It should also be written on the packet!

Damned foreigners!

What I'm finding is that after the pasta has been combined with the sauce, it tends to want to stay as one blob. A fork isn't man enough.

Thanks for the suggestions, and for a change none have been expensive! I'll run them past the chancellor to ask her what I think.

The trick here is to keep a tablespoon or two of the cooking water in the pasta as you add the sauce.

advertisement

Back