advertisement

SB Touch £129.99 Delivered @ Logitech Online

Hi,

If I stream via the SBT, they play at 48kHz, no matter whether through the optical out or USB out (I installed the plugin).

Does this have a negative impact on sound quality? Can I somehow make the SBT play them at 44.1?

Should play at 44.1. Does the server think they are 44.1 files (click on the file in the web interface and see what the [M] more infomation says)

Should play at 44.1. Does the server think they are 44.1 files (click on the file in the web interface and see what the [M] more infomation says)

Yes, it says it's 44.1 - it played them at 48 even before I installed the Kernel/USB extensions, so it can't be those...

They call this Gods country:
Northumberland_Landscape_3_by_newcastlemale.jpg

Can't figure out why:
northumberland-england_1600x1200_71357.jpg

It's beautiful no doubt but too cold (and dark in winter) for me. When I was there a couple of summers ago the weather was glorious but it still wasn't warm enough.

Yes, it says it's 44.1 - it played them at 48 even before I installed the Kernel/USB extensions, so it can't be those...

Thats not right - suggest you post on forums.slimdevices.com

Could you try installing the server on a PC to check if this plays them correctly. SBT doesn't natively play apple lossless they are decoded on the server and the synology will be less well tested for this case than a PC. [You could also try a couple of files ripped as flac to prove that you do see 44.1 sample rate]

Is there anywhere I can download a free 24 bit 192 kHz sampled audio file so I can have a listen to it on my SBT via my SD card?

Thats not right - suggest you post on forums.slimdevices.com

Could you try installing the server on a PC to check if this plays them correctly. SBT doesn't natively play apple lossless they are decoded on the server and the synology will be less well tested for this case than a PC. [You could also try a couple of files ripped as flac to prove that you do see 44.1 sample rate]

You are right, it's off topic. So this is the last post about it here, especially since I solved the problem.

Thank you for your suggestion, Adrian. Meanwhile I had roughly the same idea and tried it with an sd card. It played correctly, so I blamed the server software. I used telnet to access my NAS (hadn't done it in ages) and had a look at the convert.conf file which contains the transcoder settings. Et voilá: ffmpeg was set to a fixed rate of 48000... I just removed this parameter from the file and now its 44.1 like it should be.

Problem solved. ;)

Well I opened it. It's a new (unneeded) toy after all, and one I've had before so I guess not really new. Anyway it'll provide me with 5 mins Pleasure setting it up.

advertisement

Back