1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

SB Touch £129.99 Delivered @ Logitech Online

Discussion in 'audio' started by strocky, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Pete the Feet

Pete the Feet pfm Member

OK, received the Touch, why does it sound better than the Duet? It's only a streamer.

2. rbz5416

rbz5416 pfm Member

Because it's got a better DAC. ;)

3. Pete the Feet

Pete the Feet pfm Member

I think you are right

4. Space is the Place

Space is the Place pfm Member

Cheers Strocky for the original heads up on these, been enjoying mine immensely, dead easy to navigate the BBC listen again shows (much easier than the rubbish BBC website), and a whole plethora of other music to listen to (NPR's got some fantastic stuff on listen again too).
    Great way to listen to music without being distracted to the computer!

5. kristoffer

kristoffer Danish Hi Fi NERD

But people say that even with external dac it sounds better.

So I would guess just better build in general.

6. Teddy Ray

Teddy Ray pfm Member

yeah, it isn't just a superb item "for the price" or "for a second system"

it is superb, period. the features, ease of use, and the outstanding measured performance.... there is no greater product in Hifi imo.

Ive been listening to my library all morning via shuffle and every single night I catch "crossing boundaries" (check it out on NPR- WOUB FM Chillicothe Ohio)

and late night it is Coast to Coast AM with George Noory! :D

im thinking of ditching my two Turntables altogether. They are nice, a Sota/Kleos and a Souped up P2/Goldring.. but Every time I get to a point where I think about spinning vinyl I find myself eventually asking "why take a step backwards in SQ and convenience?"

7. Basil

Basil Harbethian

Because it has a slightly louder analogue output than the Duet, so unless you take care to level match the two, the Touch will always seem to sound better.

8. bennyboyph

bennyboyph pfm Member

LOL @ Basil for his continued denial

9. Brian

Brian Eating fat, staying slim

What rubbish.

10. muzzer

muzzer Numb Nut

We are still waiting for the results from Basils Touch/Duet/dvd player bake off thingy

11. Teddy Ray

Teddy Ray pfm Member

[​IMG]

12. Basil

Basil Harbethian

Check it yourself.

I'm guessing they've all been deleted in the great April Google purge...

And Teddy, it true...

13. muzzer

muzzer Numb Nut

Good answer Basil;)

14. Robert

Robert Tapehead

He's stating fact - measure the output yourself if you don't believe him.

15. Pete the Feet

Pete the Feet pfm Member

The Touch is louder but it is also clearer even at low volumes. I wondered if it was the Triode plugin. However having now tried and preferred the Triode plugin I can say it is not the case. The Touch has a clearer well defined bass compared to the Duet.

16. nealg

nealg pfm Member

The output is slightly higher but it does also sound better when level matched.

17. Pete the Feet

Pete the Feet pfm Member

Basil is not entirely Faulty!