advertisement

Ron Asheton, RIP

Do you mean Metalic KO? MMM was Lou reed ;)

No, it was defintely Metal Mchine Music there is it.

I am now waiting for the theme music for PM to be replaced by Merzbow's Pulse Demon for good measure on it.

DS

Smiley

I've got Reed's MMM on vinyl, I have no idea how anyone could do a cover version of it!

Tony.

I've got Reed's MMM on vinyl, I have no idea how anyone could do a cover version of it!

Tony.

Maconie played big chunks of the orchestral version. It was still a pretty dreadful noise, but made marginally more sense.

2m8BXUfriihwezncWW7Sk8kZo1_500.jpg

Via this isn't happiness

I caught them at Glastonbury 07 which was amazing, where Ron was dressed in a boiler suit and finished up dry humping an amp through his guitar!!!!

<stunned silence>
There's an orchestral version?

Tony.

Oh yes!

The accompanying DVD is probably the best way to really appreciate the work involved here. Watching the players so intently producing what seems like chaos is slightly less punishing than just subjecting yourself to the buzz saw of 50 minutes of industrial grade atonality.

I forgot about Destroy All Monsters there.

There must be a record of theirs in a box somewhere is it.

DS

"Bored" by Destroy All Monsters is one of my all time favourite singles - still have the 7 inch somewhere and can recall the cover of the single.

Glenda

I hope so.The Wests selfish use of narcotics, as an after dinner aperitif of the middle classes, without reference to the untold misery, despair and destruction that are caused in the countries of production. The Columbian and Bolivian drugs trade makes the oil industries rape of the Niger delta look like a tea party by comparison.

What amuses me is the amount of "right on PC" lefties who take this $hit and fuel the murder and rape of countless innocents in Latin America, the real price of a line of coke is always paid for by someone else in blood...

I haven't had a drink or a drug for over 14 years.

The shit kills you and too many people I know have died.

I'd like to be a right on PC lefty, but all of NuLab are complete c***s.

Jack

Jack

It is good to see that you have not had a drug for over 14 years because you acknowledge it can kill you and your friends.

It is also sad to see that you did not mention how it affects the lives of those in the country of production and that was the point that Borellus was making.

Basically you have reflected the selfish attitude of relatively affluent westerners who take or have taken drugs for recreational use without any thought for the poor devils at the bottom of the supply chain.

Regards

Mick

Mick, Whisky is a drug, alcohol, and if you drink enough to get a red nose (as you have claimed here in the past) then you have a drug problem. Those in glass houses should not throw stones....

Tony.

PS FWIW I agree with you on the supply chain issues. The stuff should be legalised to remove the criminality.

There is a great documentary about the poor scots devils at the bottom of the whisky supply chain: 'Whisky Galore' I think it is called...

Tony

Whisky production does not kill the people who produce it.

That is the major difference and the worst bit is that people seem to condone, if not admire, pop stars who take drugs.

Those pop stars have a responsibilty not to take drugs and set a role model for their younger fans. Unfortunately most of them just just get drugged up and make it public knowledge. That is an act of utter selfishness.

Regards

Mick

You never know Mick, this country is such an economic wreck that opium production could prove a pretty lucrative way out - it's one of the few things the UK still has the skills and natural resources to do! How about making farming productive rather than subsidising it? MDMA is cheap to manufacture and extremely high-profit too, surely a morally bankrupt Thatcherite can see the value there?

Tony.

Tony

Will you please stop running off at tangets. The country is not bankrupt and the FT index has gained 550 points since November. This is a recession, we will ride it and come out of it. We will face a tight 12/18 months and then we will make a slow climb. There is no need for melodrama.

Also drugs are a disgusting thing be they legalised or not.

Regards

Mick

advertisement

Back