advertisement

Rega ceramic platter experiment

It’s not just any old foil it’s Marks and Spencer special deluxe foil.. must say it with a sexy sultry voice.

My bother works in place that packs salmon for a few of the big supermarkets. You know what the difference between M&S salmon and Tesco salmon? Same fish but the M&S stuff gets arranged on the card neatly and the Tesco fish just thrown on.

On my P10 I once played an album side with no mat as both the platter and mat are white, and i was at least 1 beer deep at the time. ...Later found the mat static-stuck to the LP in the previous jacket of the record I had played. Didn't think twice about how the record sounded while it was playing sans-mat, may be it was better?? But it wasn't obviously worse at the time.

Ha ha, that made me laugh (and I'm miserable as sin with the lockdown blues)

Aren't we all!

On my P10 I once played an album side with no mat as both the platter and mat are white, and I was at least 1 beer deep at the time.

Just one?

It would certainly have sounded different. I've not tried it without the mat but I have tried a Linn mat and I even bought a second white mat so I could try it with two. All sounded different but ultimately none bettered the single white mat.

On my P10 I once played an album side with no mat as both the platter and mat are white, and i was at least 1 beer deep at the time. ...Later found the mat static-stuck to the LP in the previous jacket of the record I had played. Didn't think twice about how the record sounded while it was playing sans-mat, may be it was better?? But it wasn't obviously worse at the time.

I am going to give it a try with my P10. Starting with the beer...

It could have been posted a couple of days too early or be something Roy Gandy has missed. But, in the lockdown, what have you to lose?

It could have been posted a couple of days too early or be something Roy Gandy has missed. But, in the lockdown, what have you to lose?

It's not about improving on what Rega has done, it's a change which I feel may help the deck suit me better. I'd just like to hear what others think of it.

advertisement

Back