advertisement

Rega ceramic platter experiment

Mr Pig

^'- -'^
If you have a ceramic platter Rega, a P9, RP10 or P10, I have something simple for you to try. Put a sheet of kitchen foil under the mat.

If you sit the platter on the floor you can put a piece of aluminium kitchen foil over it and run your finger round the edge to mark the circle. If you cut a couple of mil inside the mark the foil will be hidden under the mat. Pop a hole in the middle and put it on the platter under the mat.

Try to leave the foil in until you forget it's there. The temptation might be to take it out again straight away but give it a chance.

I'm not going to say anything about what it sounds like, even if it's good or bad. I just want to see what other people think. This is obviously with the ceramic platter and thin white mat. I don't know what would happen on a glass platter with the thicker black mat but it costs next to nothing and takes two minutes to do so feel free to try it maybe?

Just one word of caution...................

Cooking foil is very thin aluminium foil, in the main, but things like foil meant for wrapping sandwiches and the like is not - it is a plastic film/foil laminate that is quite a bit thinner than actual aluminium foil.

If I had reached the level of a Rega deck with a ceramic platter - I suspect I'd be inclined to just sit back and enjoy the music.

Cooking foil is very thin aluminium foil, in the main, but things like foil meant for wrapping sandwiches and the like is not...

Not seen that but cooking foil is what you want.

If I had reached the level of a Rega deck with a ceramic platter - I suspect I'd be inclined to just sit back and enjoy the music.

Lot going for them but they divide opinion. That's what this experiment is about. If you're totally happy with your ceramic platter this probably isn't for you, but...

Mr Pig,

Your just playing at it really.

NINTCHDBPICT000580099418.jpg

advertisement

Back