advertisement

Recording Cleaning Machine

Mick, life is too short. Hire a school leaver or someone you can pay less than the minimum wage and birch them if any records come up with less than stellar results. Do you really want to be spending what remains of your time here on this planet sloshing fancy water across a bit of plastic?

Fox

I knew I could rely on you. I have done about 40 records today and whilst I love the results, you got to have the brain of a bloody insect to actually do it without being bored to death.

I favour some old skint pensioner, who will spend all day cleaning in return for a packet of fags.

Regards

Mick

I only have one thing to say about that video and the machine. Strewth !

Well, maybe more than one. Did someone say 'over-engineered'? Whereas a one-point extraction process theoretically makes sense, would not the same efficacy be achieved by a more powerful (and, yes, noisier) motor and whole side extraction as in VPI and others?

There seem to be too many parts which could wear/fail. The belt, e.g. The thread, clutch mechanism. No clamp, so does the record not slip with a good scrubbing?

That this machine costs more than others (I believe) and seems to be more time-consuming and fiddly to operate, I fail to see its attraction, despite its obvious engineering qualities.

I dunno; maybe the one-point extraction system really does provide better cleaning, but I note that he didn't let the fluid soak in (important in loosening crud, i.m.o.) and that the platter seems quite a lot faster (?) than my VPI.

Whereas I can invoke an almost pleasurable trance when doing a batch, I doubt that the complexities of the Loricraft would allow me to operate on half a brain.:)

advertisement

Back