advertisement

Post-Trump: III (decline, further tantrums, legal proceedings, book deals etc)

Some significant/good news about the documents case too, a lot of Trump’s staff are now compelled to testify.

I'll be amazed if he does even one minute of bird.
He might well be there on remand if he doesn’t STFU. He’s been openly threatening Alvin Bragg’s daughter and I can’t imagine him tolerating that for long.

Are there genuinely enough to bear arms at this psycho's behest? Asking from genuine desire to understand.
Now is not the danger point. After the 2024 election is the danger point. He surrendered today because he knew he'd then be free until a long-off trial that he will try to put off longer. But come that election, he will claim to have won whether he did or not, and then it will get as hot as it is going to get. At this point, there are parts of the country that will not accept Trump as president again, and there are parts that won't accept anyone else.

Two elections in America have gone well tonight - Janet Protasiewicz has defeated Dan Kelly for the Wisconsin Supreme Court, giving the body a liberal majority. This may affect results for issues such as abortion, elections, and districting. And Brandon Johnson has won over law-n-order candidate Paul Vallas for Mayor of Chicago.

Bit of a damp squib - Nadine MTG drowned out by anti-Trump protestors, relatively few supporters turned up, mindless media analysis, and more predictable ranting from Trump back at base camp. Scaramucci claims Trump will drop out of the race once he figures out he can't win the Presidency (citing that most of his family have already pulled out).

For all his sins, he is a fairly astute commentator on Trump (or at least in comparison to Sky News). A neighbour of mine worked with him. He's the same at work.

Graham Macindoe was down there - one of his images
339876356_763857988636102_1636971990842325416_n.jpg

more ( and probably more to come) on his instagram https://www.instagram.com/grahammacindoe/

Two elections in America have gone well tonight - Janet Protasiewicz has defeated Dan Kelly for the Wisconsin Supreme Court, giving the body a liberal majority. This may affect results for issues such as abortion, elections, and districting. And Brandon Johnson has won over law-n-order candidate Paul Vallas for Mayor of Chicago.

I am very proud of my next door neighbors. That Wisconsin election tells me that fighting back against Republican overreach will continue to be a winning strategy for 2024.

So we can deduce from this that Trump is indeed being treated like any other lowlife felon where it counts, and is dumb/egotistical enough to plead not guilty and rely upon a trial outcome when all hard evidence of felonious wrongdoings have been discovered, right down to specific journal entries from his abysmal cross organization accounting, not to mention multiple key witness statements and taped conversations. Good news, and hopefully there will be a good solid stack down in Georgia too (certainly the witnesses in that case are beyond reproach).

So we can deduce from this that Trump is indeed being treated like any other lowlife felon where it counts, and is dumb/egotistical enough to plead not guilty and rely upon a trial outcome when all hard evidence of felonious wrongdoings have been discovered, right down to specific journal entries from his abysmal cross organization accounting, not to mention multiple key witness statements and taped conversations. Good news, and hopefully there will be a good solid stack down in Georgia too (certainly the witnesses in that case are beyond reproach).

His strategy seems to be to hope he is president again and this will stop or allow him the means to stop the various court cases. Or failing that start some sort of civil war.

a good video on why it matters so much

Good summary of the importance. It has been very frustrating to watch Wisconsin’s Republican party at work over the years. The state elected a Democrat for Governor, but also has a near Republican super majority in both houses. It’s one of the most gerrymandered states in the nation.

This judicial election means that Republicans can no longer to use their state Supreme Court to block Dem attempts to undo the worst of their blatant gerrymandering.

advertisement

Back