advertisement

Poll: Real Or Fake News?

Real, or fake news?

• Total voters
I think it's fake. I don't know it's fake.

Do you think a malnourished man could gallop like an antelope if he was just after being filled with lead?

I do not, adrenaline or no adrenaline.

The US branded North Korea a state sponsor of terror the other day too.

I think this video could be faked for the same propaganda purposes.

This posting style is reminiscent of a vehicle driver trying to recall the moments before a high speed accident.

The simple and virtually guaranteed method of avoiding ridicule is to desist posting the ridiculous.

I think it's fake. I don't know it's fake.

Do you think a malnourished man could gallop like an antelope if he was just after being filled with lead?

I do not, adrenaline or no adrenaline.

The US branded North Korea a state sponsor of terror the other day too.

I think this video could be faked for the same propaganda purposes.

I still don't understand your stance on this - do you think:
a) the entire "defector escapes" event is faked, i.e. the guy in the hospital with the bullet wounds and the intestinal parasites is fake too, and in reality there was no defection; or
b) there was a defection, the defector did get shot, but the video footage was faked afterwards

And do you think the others in the footage were real, or also actors?

And do you think the location is real, or faked? (Presumably that can be checked, and a Nobel prize in journalism rewarded.)

Oh for goodness' sake.....
The location, defector, soldiers, bullets, wounds, intestinal parasites, rescue, rescuers, fence and reporting of the non-event were all fakes, actors, or fake actors. The only real part of all this was MaxFlynn who is the only person who can see that the US doesn't like NK, and needs this event, and this event only to justify invasion.
Maybe some of the ridicule was not fake.

What the fvck is going on with this forum recently, it's being taken over* by conspiracy nutjobs. First we have someone posting that UFO's are real and now this delusional load of old shite.

* the take over is real and not just a paranoid conspiracy.

Oh for goodness' sake.....
The location, defector, soldiers, bullets, wounds, intestinal parasites, rescue, rescuers, fence and reporting of the non-event were all fakes, actors, or fake actors. The only real part of all this was MaxFlynn who is the only person who can see that the US doesn't like NK, and needs this event, and this event only to justify invasion.
Maybe some of the ridicule was not fake.

Cool your beans. I’m just curious how much thought Max has put into this.

I still don't understand your stance on this - do you think:
a) the entire "defector escapes" event is faked, i.e. the guy in the hospital with the bullet wounds and the intestinal parasites is fake too, and in reality there was no defection; or
b) there was a defection, the defector did get shot, but the video footage was faked afterwards

And do you think the others in the footage were real, or also actors?

And do you think the location is real, or faked? (Presumably that can be checked, and a Nobel prize in journalism rewarded.)

It either happened as portrayed in the vid, or the whole thing was staged, IMO.

I am suspicious and think it likely that it was all staged, based on the video content.

Max I often find myself in agreement with you but this is silly. It is not worth faking. It has already disappeared from the news.
No-one gives a **** one way or the other.
It will cause nothing do nothing have no impact. It is of no consequence. It is already forgotten. It is the equivalent of the CIA impersonating my binman and illegally taking my rubbish to the tip.

Max I often find myself in agreement with you but this is silly. It is not worth faking. It has already disappeared from the news.
No-one gives a **** one way or the other.
It will cause nothing do nothing have no impact. It's of no consequence. It is already forgotten.

Maybe you're right, MVV.

The real problem is NONE of you know for sure these days.

You feel free to ridicule a member for questioning the footage but you don't know.

Hey I don't think it's faked but if I wanted to build a case against a nation, I sure as hell wouldn't be as blatant about it as some on here seem to imagine one has to be. Now that's worthy of ridicule but I wouldn't be so impolite.

It's not just ridicule though is it.

Some members have made reasoned arguments about why, on the balance of probablilities, this is not likely to be fake.

Most recently, MVV's post nailed it (the point about the CIA impersonating his binman made me laugh out loud).

But if someone's determined to see something as fake, no amount of logic will persuade him or her otherwise ("9/11 never happened").

Overall, there are better things to expend one's mental energy on.

But if someone's determined to see something as fake, no amount of logic will persuade him or her otherwise

Are you suggesting that I'm determined to see this as a fake, Drood?

I think it might be and gave my reasons why. Others think it isn't and gave theirs.

That's OK by you isn't it?

advertisement

Back