advertisement

Poll: Real Or Fake News?

Real, or fake news?

• Total voters
He was shot five or six times sustaining critical injuries yet could run like an Olympic sprinter :cool:

Wait now, you believe him being shot is real, but you don't believe the footage of him being shot is real?

What you haven't considered is that this was released by the UN, and the last name of the leader of North Korea is ... Un. Coincidence? I THINK NOT.

Wait now, you believe him being shot is real, but you don't believe the footage of him being shot is real?

What you haven't considered is that this was released by the UN, and the last name of the leader of North Korea is ... Un. Coincidence? I THINK NOT.
You know what I meant..

Can you explain how someone could sprint like a champion for maybe 20-30 metres if they'd just been shot at least 5 times?

You know what I meant..
I genuinely don't! You can't have it both ways - if "they" are going to fake this, "they" aren't going to go to the bother of finding someone willing to be shot five times. Even to the most committed actor, that is taking method acting one step too far.

Can you explain how someone could sprint like a champion for maybe 20-30 metres if they'd just been shot at least 5 times?
Funny. I read that and thought about how lucky he was that none of the bullets hit something vital, and how amazing adrenaline and the "flight or fight" response is. I guess that makes me one of the sheeple :(

I can't know whether it is fact or fiction and I don't care, frankly.

What is well known is that North Korea is a place where the killing of "defectors" seems an entirely reasonable proposition.

I genuinely don't! You can't have it both ways - if "they" are going to fake this, "they" aren't going to go to the bother of finding someone willing to be shot five times. Even to the most committed actor, that is taking method acting one step too far.

Funny. I read that and thought about how lucky he was that none of the bullets hit something vital, and how amazing adrenaline and the "flight or fight" response is. I guess that makes me one of the sheeple :(

The person in that video ran like the clappers for maybe 20-30 metres. He didn't flinch or stagger, or even break his stride.

You think someone who had just been shot five times could do this?

Max, I don't know, and neither do you, since neither of us have been shot. There are loads of cases of people doing amazing things when awash with adrenaline.

There are cases when people have been shot by police etc, usually in the US, and usually while full of drugs have been known to keep going for a short while; but this person would not have been off his head on drugs. According to the video he was malnourished and suffering from infection.

I just don't see how such a man could sprint without breaking stride after being shot at least five times.

But as you say, none of us know.

In Journey to Babel, Captain Kirk was stabbed by a fake Andorian...

...yet he still took the con afterward and outsmarted the captain of the unidentified vessel, which appeared to be more powerful than a starship! (Not really, but its power utilization curve was not the norm.)

Like Cliff says, adrenaline is incredibly powerful stuff, as is cordrazine.

Joe

How does max know if a news story is 'fake'?
If he disagrees with it.
I think it's fake. I don't know it's fake.

Do you think a malnourished man could gallop like an antelope if he was just after being filled with lead?

I do not, adrenaline or no adrenaline.

The US branded North Korea a state sponsor of terror the other day too.

I think this video could be faked for the same propaganda purposes.

Funny. I read that and thought about how lucky he was that none of the bullets hit something vital, and how amazing adrenaline and the "flight or fight" response is.

Human bodies are incredibly resilient, especially if pumped full of adrenalin and not suffering critical blood loss.

If you think it's too far fetched, read into the story of Lachhiman Gurung. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lachhiman_Gurung

advertisement

Back