advertisement

Pics of your pets (part III)

IMG-5347.jpg
So Dave, now Dora has settled in at the welfare centre. So far I have a quote of £4k to get her back to the UK so she’ll have to pull a lot of cute faces.

Rest day after yesterday's "modifications" at the vets - his pose (bottom) speaks volumes for the indignity suffered. They initially didn't recognise each other (with the cones) and we had a couple of hours of raised hackles and intense hissing until they presumably remembered vaguely familiar scents...

53518615910_288722f20d_c.jpg

Thank you, and I might, but the centre and some people out in AlUla are being very helpful. I can probably get her driven to Riyadh for not much, then she can fly as hold luggage to EU/Paris with one of the techs working out there (can't do that to UK), and I can pick her up from there. Should cost around £1600 and I'm fine with that. I know it doesn't sound much fun for her, and it's not, but doing it the expensive way would change very little from her perspective. Also, banishing sentimentality, if I can find her a really good home in KSA, I might do that.

I'm bad cop now. Took Harley out for a field boundary walk just now (we got soaked but that doesn't bother him in the slightest) but there's so much deep mud/standing water around - the irrigation ditches are full too. Couldn't face hosing & bathing him when we got home so kept him on-lead for the duration...

Sulking by Boxertrixter, on Flickr
How do want your slippers today - confiscated or shredded, Sir? 😁

John

advertisement

Back