advertisement

[Photography] Raw-A-Week Mastering

Matthew,

It opened in Safari as a .tif for me as well. What am I doing wrong?

Joe

Right-click or ctrl-click it Joe and choose 'download linked file'. Should save to the desktop as a .dng.

Tony.

joe.

right click the link and download file...

for me safari saves it as filename.dng.tiff

just get rid of the tiff part or is user control like that not possible on a mac?

vuk.

don't waste your time guys, i have this one wrapped up.

vuk.

I can guess what your one looks like.

Matthew, perhaps that should be the bonus prize, anyone who claims to be able to do it in the style of someone else, and nobody else notices?

:cool:

just get rid of the tiff part or is user control like that not possible on a mac?

It's even possible (and absurdly easy) through the GUI.

Tony.

PS I assume when laying into Macs you are actually aware it's a full UNIX system, i.e. you can get down into the nuts and bolts further than you can with Windows - here's what a Mac actually looks like:

81ycn5w.jpg

tony.

i was just kidding. btw--nice warez look to that terminal screen.

cliff.

we will all know yours by the fact that it's 3 times bigger than what anyone else posts ;-)

vuk.

I've been doing IT stuff since the days where that was the only type of screen that was available!

there were also blue ones, but only on fancy apples, i believe. i have fond memories of the the stats lab with filthy/puny pentagon beige terminals on a VAX VMS server (and queued SPSS batch jobs where you picked up your dot matrix printout the next morning only to find out you messed up your ANOVA statement).

vuk.

Guy -- Yes I think I will post them without names so we can discuss them "anonymously" as it were. Although my main interest is seeing the different versions and what people come up with and I don;t what to make it too competitive as it were.

BTW I haven't had an entry from you yet. Maybe send it again?

matthew.

i have a little proggy i wrote that runs in windows and will do up an html presentation, complete with automatic numbering and frame/background choices. you just point it to the folder your jpegs are in. if you like i will gladly send it to you.

vuk.

Tony,

Right-click or ctrl-click it Joe and choose 'download linked file'. Should save to the desktop as a .dng.
Thanks, that did it.

Well, actually, it saved it as a .tif.dng, which i renamed .dng, then opened in PS.

Joe

I can't remember, Vuk. It had both .tif and .dng in the file name, so I just deleted the one I didn't want.

Joe

Vuk -- I am actually writing my own such software. Partly to solve the problem of how to make a website exactly how I want it and partly to teach myself some of the new "Silverlight"/WPF stuff in Visual Studio 2008 which just came out. Thus I am able to rationalise buggering about with computers whilst umeployed as a constructive use of my time.

VS2008 is, BTW, awesome if only because it has Lambda Expressions that satisfy my inner geek.

Weird - I sent one to matthew a t oddpost d o t com yesterday afternoon, resent this morning. Let me know if it doesn't turn up.

I've been doing IT stuff since the days where that was the only type of screen that was available!

Tony.

Blimey you lot are young. How about punched cards, and operating system commands that you enter on a teletype terminal? Good old IBM 360, way way before the pdp's and vaxes.

BTW Vuk's excellent solution on the 'Quicktime Problem' thread now stops Quacktime hijacking .dng or .tiff files, and Matthew's source file is now downloadable.

OK, now what happens? Does the master RAW masterer get a prize?

Joe

advertisement

Back