advertisement

Phonography

53150996583_09b0f10578_c.jpg

Very satisfied customers, eating out?

20190606_164630_1080.jpg

20190607_142548_1080.jpg

A couple of slightly worrisome characters who I met whilst touring northern France a few years ago. The first, who resides, fresh flowers scattered at his feet, in an ancient church in a Norman village, is presumably the effigy of a much-loved priest. I couldn't help but wonder if he terrified the parish children in life as much as he surely does in death. I fear the second lurks somewhere in the shadows of all of our nightmares. He lives on, somewhat incongruously I feel, in a concrete lair that was attacked by, and finally succumbed to, the Commando unit to which a late uncle belonged, on a June morning just short of 80 years ago.

Robin
by idomy best, on Flickr

My little mate came for a lunchtime chat he sympathised with my phone/camera woes and said " just give me a titbit and use what you've got - so I did - now rocking with an iphone 7 as my previous phone gave up the ghost.....the colour might be off as my screen has gone as well (that's my excuse anyway) - at this rate I might have to buy something new!

New Forest Sept 9 2023
by idomy best, on Flickr

New Forest Sept 9 2023
by idomy best, on Flickr

New Forest Sept 9 2023
by idomy best, on Flickr

New Forest Sept 9 2023
by idomy best, on Flickr

We had a few days away and on the way home made a slight detour to go through a tiny part of the New Forest. We had never been there before and only had couple of hours, but wow what a place, it was like being in a magical world the photos don't do it justice - although if Lefty went he probably would...

advertisement

Back