advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovely takes of an important period in time, whichever way we look at it. Like the Blunkett look-alike (or is it the real thing?)

Cracking page of photos chaps! :)

I've just returned from a very enjoyable trip to Tenerife. I decided not to take the D800E, and took the X-T2 and X100T instead. (I have more lenses for the X-T2). As it turned out, I used the little X100T 99% of the time!! A lot of this is down to the fact it was a family holiday and I didn't intend on doing any 'serious' photography. The little X100T performed superbly well and I felt wonderfully light and unencumbered. I will be posting images over the coming days as and when I get round to processing them. For now, here's a shot I took with the X-T2 on the one occasion that I did get out for 30 mins or so...

Tempest by Amar Sood, on Flickr

Fuji X-T2 / XF 50-140mm f2.8 / Formatt Hitech Firecrest Circular Polariser

Lefty

DSCF8229_800px.jpg

#1 girl - a stroll with Jess at Longleat this evening.

@Amar Love that image, 'micro chaos' :)

@Mr Perceptive Beautiful landscapes, very 'unlike' you ie. seemingly without post processing. Like the little glistening reflections on top of the water in image two.

@Mr Perceptive Beautiful landscapes, very 'unlike' you ie. seemingly without post processing. Like the little glistening reflections on top of the water in image two.

You say that, but the Hope Valley shot is actually 7 exposures blended!!! The others have very littel processing, I never spend more than 5 mins processing an image. Thanks for kind words.

Thank you Drummerman - chaos is the right word! To get that amount of 'motion' in the water only required a shutter speed of 0.8s. It was very windy and the water was very choppy indeed :eek:

Here's another from that evening:

Leviathan by Amar Sood, on Flickr

Fuji X-T2 / XF 16-55mm f2.8 / Formatt Hitech Firecrest Circular 10 Stop ND

Lefty

Thanks Amar. I've shot at gigs at Nambucca before,and they've got a pretty good lighting rig - however for this there wasn't a lot of light on the performers and that mostly blue - and people were asked to sit - made it a bit tricky

Really like Leviathan, Amar - you know I'm not usually a fan of long-exposure watery stuff but that really works. Have also seen Striding Edge look like that in bad weather. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back