advertisement

One for all you Mains Cable Junkies...

I tried to post a reply but it was so vicious, cutting, sarcastic etc etc I think it self destructed, (seriously!) it was quite long so I really can't be bothered to repeat it, so instead Nordost and the entire HiFi Plush team (most especially RG and AS) go and stand in the naughty corner and don't be so greedy and stupid in future!

Why are you surprised that attaching an aerial to an unused input makes a difference.

i'm guessing your inputs aren't lifted for gnd and signal by relays when switched off.

Because surely if this is all that it was doing then any RCA cable would have the same effect, and this is not the case with the two i had to hand. The Entreq only connects the gnd of the RCA not the signal. Anyway it made a significant difference to the system i tried it in, not one i liked, but i would love to know how/why.

Beats having the manufacturer spending money on advertising!
Why bother when these rags do it for you for free.

Does anybody still buy these mags?
The only hi-fi mags ones sees for sale in supermarkets now a days is What Hi-Fi

Why bother when these rags do it for you for free.
Of course they do. High-end magazines and manufacturers are in a symbiotic relationship. Then there are of course us, the hobbyists who want to believe. A magazine that dared to question the claims and beliefs would not survive very long.

Dalby+D4000U+Reuben+hybrid+power.jpg

#doubleendedbuttplug

I presume that cable takes the ... er ... listener through black to something sonically golden.
Maybe some diamanté too.

advertisement

Back