advertisement

Olympus OM2n

Pete MB&D

Pete Maddex, the one and only!
Just bought 2 and a selection of lenses, nothing to fancy but includes a Olympus 50mm f 1.8.

Now where do I get new light seals as they have spent time in a loft and are knackered.

Pete

I've sent an email to a friend who recently re-sealed an Olympus Trip, to find out where he got his from. He did tell me, but it didn't stick to my brain cell.

Google Jon Goodman. He used to sell kits on eBay under the pseudonym interslice, but got fed up of people buying them, then reselling at a higher price.

I've purchased from him in the past and his kits are top quality and perfect for the job.

There's a link on this site to contact him http://herron.50megs.com/seals.htm

Thanks Chaps.

Seals ordered cameras cleaned and they both seem to be working.

I will have to pick up some film, I am thinking B&W.

Pete

Light seals ordered from Jon Goodman and fitted, it’s a easy job a bit messy because of the crumbly old foam.

I did have a problem with the shutter speeds with one but it turned out to be sticky mirror damper foam which is part it the kit.

The 28mm has a sticky iris so that’s next thing to look at.

Finished to late to take a photo of them.

Pete

I haven’t had to use one in the past on the lenses I have striped down, it’s a Vivitar so hopefully I won’t need one.

Pete

Went for a look round the local charity shops and came back with an OM10 T20 flash and 50mm f1.8 all for £30.

Pete

That's a bit of a steal. The OM10 (if it fails) is potentially a good source of a spare prism if you end with black foam gunk marks on the 2n

That’s good to know thanks.

The light seals are toast so I might have to sort them out, bought some sticky back foam so I should be able to do it.
I might look for a manual adapter for it as well.

Pete

That’s good to know thanks.

The light seals are toast so I might have to sort them out, bought some sticky back foam so I should be able to do it.
I might look for a manual adapter for it as well.

Pete

Pete , I have a spare one you can have for free !!!

advertisement

Back