advertisement

Olympus OM2n

Another vote for Luton Camera repair - they serviced my OM2 and did a brilliant job - also fixed a gouge in the front element of a lens for me too. Very professional outfit.
NP

the Zuiko 24 2.8 is definitely worthwhile. 75-150 f4 is crisp and compact, though pretty old-school in terms of 2x zoom only.

If you come across one, the Sigma Mini-Wide (28mm f2.8) i or ii, is worth snapping up (so to speak). Lot more distortion than the superior Zuiko 28mm 2.8, though the Sigma has *heart*, and more saturated colours too. I had one in OM mount, traded it in on a Zuiko 28 2.8 during my time in London, regretted it.

Thanks Rico.

I used to have the Zuiko 70-200 and a nice 17mm Tamron but I part chopped them for not much money :(

Pete

I had a 35mm f2.8 and a 200mm f4 with my OM2n and liked them both. Also had a 75-150 f4 which I didn't like (it never seemed to be a great performer), and a 50mm f1.8 which is good.

I have a 50mm f/1.4 and 24mm f/2.8, both Zuiko, with my OM1n. Don't they just feel lovely in your hand!

I used to have an OM1N and an OM4TI. F1.2, 1.4 & 1.8 50mm's and a 35-70 F3.6, as well as some of the lower consumer lenses.

The Zuiko 50mm F1.2 is a cracking low light lens, but hard to find.

The OM lens to find is the 35-80mm F2.8, very rare and very expensive.

I'm not usually one to fetishise mechanical equipment, but pro level OM Film Camera bodies and Zuiko lenses are genuine jewellery, the most appealing tactile mechanical objects I've handled. It could very easily have become an obsession had I not nipped it in the bud.

Hmm. Just remembered I have an adapter to use Zuiko lenses on my 5D3. It's a bit of hassle to use, but I might venture out this weekend, see what happens.

I've got a hand-me-down OM1-MD along with 28/2.8, 50/1.8 and 135/3.5 lenses. To be honest, i've I think only put one film through it, and it's rather nice though. I seem to have gone off 35mm cameras, but next time around i'll certainly give it a proper go and see how I get on. I certainly like the overall feel, very much like my pentax MX.

Horrible pic taken with iPhone in poor light, but here's my Zuiko 50mm f/1.4 on my 5D3. Lovely. I might even take the battery pack off!

I resealed the OM10 today with some sticky back foam from eBay, I found if you wet the adhesive you can push it into the groves without it sticking to the sides.

Ooh - thanks for the tip, Pete. Been doing the seals on my Mamiya M645 where I've got the door done (that was easy) but the grooves on the main body are a right pig to get the seals bedded into.

I have had 3 OM's and I ended with the OM40 which was a time the electronics had matured with all the modern options but with the same sweet welldesigned body

I still have it and the Zuiko 135 Auto-T and some other OM lenses.

All the advantages and none of the disadvantages for me.

Not shot a roll of film in 9 years

I have kept the lenses hoping to find the OM digital body at a good value sometime and try old against new lenses

advertisement

Back