advertisement

Nytech Audio / Ion Systems Appreciation Thread

Have just completed my collection of ARC speakers.
Pair of 202 are about join the gang.
Will see how they match up to the 050,101,102 and pair of early Sara isobariks.
All run actively.
Also have a really old pair of non passive/active 101s.

Do you have an idea where to find another pair of 202's? I'm also interested for my ARC Collection :rolleyes:

very slightly off topic but what is a modern replacement for the tweeters on 050 active...I have a pair but feel they might be 'off' slightly or could be smoother a tad sometimes

very slightly off topic but what is a modern replacement for the tweeters on 050 active...I have a pair but feel they might be 'off' slightly or could be smoother a tad sometimes

You can replace it with HiQuphone OW2 .... the sound is great:p

Recone the 801 Bass/Mid-Driver will help also to bring back the wonderfull sound.

many thanks.....any changes needed within crossover or a direct swap with HiQuphone OW2?

Just adopt the volume level of the active XOver by listening ..... are you using an original Nytech EXO?

Give me a PM if you are interested in more details.

yes...am using Nytech EXO 252s

HiQuphon OW2 seem a bit thin on the ground and correspondingly a little pricey....is there anyone in UK who stocks these or is best bet to go straight to HiQuphon in DK?

For the new ARC 050 & 102 we get the OW2 directly from Oskar Wroending. You can order directly from Hiquphon .........

In the CXA252 there are trim pots for the volume level. With these pots you can adjust the volume level. Need to have a look to one of my cards to see, which side is HF and LF.

From my experience with the new passive XOvers, where the new passive XOver-Card works also with the original 050, it should play out of the box ........

Do you have an idea where to find another pair of 202's? I'm also interested for my ARC Collection :rolleyes:

Could not afford them new and tracking down a secondhand set at the sort of money I was prepared to pay took 40 years. :)

Interesting to compare with the Saras.

The 202 are delicate and beguiling and woo you with nice stereo image.
The Saras grab you by the throat and beat you into submission with the bass,there may be stereo image in there somewhere,when I find it will let you know.
:):):)

Just bought a CA302 and high hopes for it with some ARC 101 and ARC 050. I have owned CP112/602, CA252 and various CTA252XA in the past. I also have a CTA252XA that probably needs a service as the lights keep going out and then working, wonderful tuner though.

I have been running the ARC050 with a Audio Synthesis 2 way active X/Over and two Audio Vois 210 power amps. Any ideas on what would be a better x/over for the Arc's?

Just bought a CA302 and high hopes for it with some ARC 101 and ARC 050. I have owned CP112/602, CA252 and various CTA252XA in the past. I also have a CTA252XA that probably needs a service as the lights keep going out and then working, wonderful tuner though.

I have been running the ARC050 with a Audio Synthesis 2 way active X/Over and two Audio Vois 210 power amps. Any ideas on what would be a better x/over for the Arc's?
You could try and find an original Nytech EXO102 electronic crossover on the second hand market if you want to use your existing power amps, or if you can get your hands on a CXA252 crossover amplifier you could use yor CA302 or CTA252 if you wanted a "genuine" Nytech/ARC classic system.

All can be serviced / restored and we have a small stock of original Crossover boards as well as a new upgraded one if you get one without the crossover board in it.

Hope this helps

Phil

Have a look here ....

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1008066895972085&id=972219346223507

You could try and find an original Nytech EXO102 electronic crossover on the second hand market if you want to use your existing power amps, or if you can get your hands on a CXA252 crossover amplifier you could use yor CA302 or CTA252 if you wanted a "genuine" Nytech/ARC classic system.

All can be serviced / restored and we have a small stock of original Crossover boards as well as a new upgraded one if you get one without the crossover board in it.

Hope this helps

Phil
Thanks.

They are already posted, try here, post #4: http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showthread.php?t=163214

The CA202 and CA252 are much the same.

The CA202 has several versions, with different power/phono boards and pre-amp layouts. Nothing you cannot work out though (and a bit of Google).

Thank You for the feed back. Unfortunately the thread is realy huge so I couldn`t find any information about schematic.

How can I recognized the version of 202?

From memory,
Earlier version has a thinner mains transformer, mains fuse on the input/power supply board and P1041.2 volume control boards.

Later versions have a thicker (CA252) mains transformer, the mains fuse is moved to the switch board and the volume control board is P1041.3 (volume and balance pots both on input side of the circuit).

I'm sure by now there are all sorts of variations though...

advertisement

Back