advertisement

No coalition with the DUP - Petition

What you've seen is breathtaking arrogance- first her party thought Labour was so weakened by relentless attacks on Corbyn, that she could coast home with a flimsy, uncosted manifesto and rather debating her case, simply belch slogans put in her mouth by a tobacco lobbyist.
Now she jumps into bed with a sectarian party of 10, from the 1970s and brushes off questions with "it's time to get back to work." Her work is done- the public saw her for what she is. She will be gone very shortly as will her party when they call the inevitable early election.
She just demolished her government's reputation- as with Cameron's Brexit referendum- another massive own goal.

It's ironic. Theresa May warned of a 'coalition of chaos' if Labour won, but here she is trying to form her own 'coalition of the CHAOS'. In this case CHAOS is an acronym for the Crazy Hideous Age Of Stupid.

A senior local Tory at 10.05pm on election night told me May was gone before Election Day, let alone when predictions and results started coming through. Unlike Labour they will arrange the new leader quick and behind closed doors.

IMO. Theresa May has simply been told to settle the ship after creating a mess of her own invention. I give her weeks rather than months. Then an October election.

May has shown herself to be stupid, arrogant, vindictive, and now desperate. I hope she suffers for this!

It's ironic. Theresa May warned of a 'coalition of chaos' if Labour won, but here she is trying to form her own 'coalition of the CHAOS'. In this case CHAOS is an acronym for the Crazy Hideous Age Of Stupid.
A Coalition of Creationism (with dinosaurs paradoxically)

May has shown herself to be stupid, arrogant, vindictive, and now desperate. I hope she suffers for this!

I sincerely hope the party as a whole takes that stain. I don't think the nation will take too kindly to being asked to go through it all again, and we know damn well who's fault it is! How much public money has Tory Self Immolation Disaster 2017 wasted so far? If they go to the country any time soon I'm sure the general view will be 'f*** you, you bunch of clowns, you are now out of the gene pool!', or something pretty similar.

PS A quick google implies the 2010 election cost the tax payer over £113m (Metro), i.e. an amount that could actually do some real good to social care, homelessness or whatever. The Tories now look to be having them at our expense for their own vanity.

What has unfolded over the past year is truly mind-boggling. If I didn't know better I'd say it was all MayDUP.

Joe

<moderating>

FFS isn't there enough about Foster's ideology and party history to attack? The attacks on her looks and general misogyny on display only prove certain posters have run out of argument or don't have the intellectual wherewithal to engage with the core topic. Something I never will given what she stands for! I'll prune the thread...

I sincerely hope the party as a whole takes that stain. I don't think the nation will take too kindly to being asked to go through it all again, and we know damn well who's fault it is! How much public money has Tory Self Immolation Disaster 2017 wasted so far? If they go to the country any time soon I'm sure the general view will be 'f*** you, you bunch of clowns, you are now out of the gene pool!', or something pretty similar.

PS A quick google implies the 2010 election cost the tax payer over £113m (Metro), i.e. an amount that could actually do some real good to social care, homelessness or whatever. The Tories now look to be having them at our expense for their own vanity.
There is a magic money tree when it suits the bastards.

<moderating>

FFS isn't there enough about Foster's ideology and party history to attack? The attacks on her looks and general misogyny on display only prove certain posters have run out of argument or don't have the intellectual wherewithal to engage with the core topic. Something I never will given what she stands for! I'll prune the thread...

Life a bit dull just now? Cheer yourself up with a quick trawl through the DUP Greatest Hits.
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/who-are-the-dup_uk_593cfbd9e4b0c5a35ca03d84?utm_hp_ref=uk

Including; When Maurice Mills blamed Hurricane Katrina on gay people

When Sammy Wilson described breastfeeding as ‘exhibitionism’

And when Gregory Campbell called for the regulation of Ouija boards.

Life a bit dull just now? Cheer yourself up with a quick trawl through the DUP Greatest Hits.
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/who-are-the-dup_uk_593cfbd9e4b0c5a35ca03d84?utm_hp_ref=uk

Including; When Maurice Mills blamed Hurricane Katrina on gay people
They blamed it on the boogie.

When Sammy Wilson described breastfeeding as ‘exhibitionism’
The corollary is that Sammy is a voyeur.

And when Gregory Campbell called for the regulation of Ouija boards.
That's where they got the biofuel subsidy scheme. Wouldn't want others getting ideas.

Point taken Tony.

Tis sometimes remarkable when you feed famous names into an anagram generator and see the results.

I even have had cause to think twice about my atheism. :)

In 1986, then-DUP MP, William McCrea, asked the Tories to launch airstrikes against Republican strongholds

A classified memo released publicly in 2014, reads: “Rev William McCrea urged Libya-type strikes against Dundalk, Drogheda, Crossmaglen and Carrickmore.”
And there is no hypocrisy that after killing many innocent good people he is extolling us to turn us away from sin because God wants to save us from a life of wasted years. Some boy.

Last edited by a moderator:
The DUP really are quite special.

It also represents comfortably the largest number of voters in Northern Ireland Tony.

It's OK to take the piss out of them and their ideology I guess - regardless of the fact that they are supported by a comfortable majority nationwide.

What you (and I and many others of course) are doing is taking the proverbial out of the democratic process because we disagree with others. By extension we are taking the same out of "others" - as we have vis a vis Republicans and religious zealots in the USA.

I'm intrigued that you consider that to be fair game but not physical appearance despite the latter being an historical source of humour and the former rarely being seen as such by more than a minority.

Your site, your rules and I'm sorry if I caused offence. Genuinely and none intended. I'm just surprised that it's OK to insinuate that people are basically insane but not that they are unatttractive.

We may not agree with their views, but they are not insane under any medical definition (Trump clearly has NPD, but that's a slightly different thing). Their political views and history are 100% fair game. Attacking people's looks, their sexuality, their race or whatever is the stuff of the Daily Mail comments pages, Twitter bullies etc and I won't host that kind of thing here as this site is way better than that. I'm amazed it is ever something I have to moderate to be honest.

PS For clarity their religion is only fair game as it is enshrined in their political beliefs and via the democratic political process they wish to enforce their fundamentalism upon others.

'm intrigued that you consider that to be fair game but not physical appearance despite the latter being an historical source of humour and the former rarely being seen as such by more than a minority.

Your site, your rules and I'm sorry if I caused offence. Genuinely and none intended. I'm just surprised that it's OK to insinuate that people are basically insane but not that they are unatttractive.

We are born with our looks but we can change our views, so it's not fair to take the piss out of someones appearance*

* I will exclude Gove in that as he does look like Pob.

When I think of how many laughs I would have missed out on in my life time (from film, television, print media and even the odd song or two, I'm personally kind of glad that we don't live in a world where such humour is deemed unacceptable although you won't see it from me here again.

Yet laughs are what make life worth living - and whilst I fully agree that laughs should never come at the expense of others' tears, I can't somehow see the woman leading the DUP as being overly sensitive emotionally speaking.

Indeed I am quite optimistic that she would be guided by the bible and would most likely quote Peter 3:3-4 -

"Do not let your adorning be external—the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear— but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious."

Now whether, for instance, the Rev Paisley could be considered to have had a "gentle and quiet spirit" could indeed be open to question but I imagine many would find that thought quite offensive :)

advertisement

Back