advertisement

Nikon Df II: Electric boogaloo

Hold on a minute sorry everybody i'm getting a bit lost here, not really up on new digital cameras and stuff.

So.... what im after is a Nikon mirrorless with the ergonomics of the FM2 but with full frame sensor, what model is that? ...and does it take the "F" lenses which i still have some of somewhere (this is the old mount right? that Nikon has used for a long time).

like this lens?

iu

Hold on a minute sorry everybody i'm getting a bit lost here, not really up on new digital cameras and stuff.

So.... what im after is a Nikon mirrorless with the ergonomics of the FM2 but with full frame sensor, what model is that? ...and does it take the "F" lenses which i still have some of somewhere (this is the old mount right? that Nikon has used for a long time).

like this lens?
iu
FF with FM style in mirrorless is the new Z f. You need an adapter to mount F lenses and note that screw drive lenses won’t AF. Manual focus is no problem and with mirrorless you get focus aids, ie focus peaking (showing what’s roughly in focus) and you can zoom in to check your focus. It’s easier to manual focus with mirrorless than with a DSLR.

I currently have a pre AI (Auto H) 85mm F1.8 lens on one of my Z bodies…a Z fc which is a crop sensor body with a similar look to the very new Z f.

Thanks Clive, right its the Zf !

I was getting mixed with up the DFII title.

Yes i only do manual focus (only because i don't have any AF lenses!) and i like the idea that with mirrorless you can shoot very shallow DOF and still get the right part of the image in focus, something i could hardly ever do with an SLR!

Yes I thought you had designed it as well!

I have a 45mm P in silver it is a good lens with nice smooth focus it's easy to dismantle the front element (as mine had some fungus in it!)
It has low distortion and is quite sharp at all apertures. I used it a lot years ago at it's optimum f8 with a Kodak 14 slrn for photographing paintings from a local artist. I will probably always keep it as it's a nice lens, small, light and well made....sorry I said "it" a lot!

I have a minty black 45P. If anyone is interested please PM me.

I have a minty black 45P. If anyone is interested please PM me.

Dang. Bought a mint one couple of weeks ago from Japan. Fantastic lens. I'm preferring it to my Voigtlaender 40mm f/2 on my Nikons.. Much smaller than that one to boot..

advertisement

Back