1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

New Naim Powerline Lite

Discussion in 'audio' started by Bas V, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Bas V

Bas V pfm Member

Is that a Joke? £ 95 for a plain powercord? This is it. No more Naim for me.

2. Suffolk Tony

Suffolk Tony pfm Member

You haven't got to buy it you know.

3. najb

najb pfm Member

Cheaper than a PowerLine!

4. colasblue

colasblue pfm Member

Good I won't then!

5. pjdowns

pjdowns pfm Member

Another utter rip off from Naim IMHO.

6. david ellwood

david ellwood Kirabosi Kognoscente

But its not a plain powercord is it?

7. david ellwood

[​IMG]

Its a plain powercord with a powerline plug!

8. Spike

Spike pfm Member

I got banned on the naim forum for suggesting that a captive lead must be better.

9. david ellwood

banned? should have been stoned!

10. Spike

Spike pfm Member

I hope you're attempting irony.

11. D-type

D-type pfm Member

No, but if you use it on the kettle, you'll get a better cup of tea!

12. venton

venton pfm Member

How is anything a rip off which you have free will not to buy?

13. sunbeamgls

sunbeamgls pfm Member

Or your house set on fire, given that its not capable of feeding a kettle.

Carry on the rants chaps, or just vote with your wallet, which is the sensible thing to do.

14. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

OP stop trolling.

15. Cereal Killer

Cereal Killer fourhundredandthirtytwo

Amazing isn't it

16. Clay B

Clay B pfm Member

Focal/Naim were aquired by a partnership as an investment. The investment brings R&D money to the table and more stable funding for operations. However, inevitably, no stone is unturned to increase revenue and maximize return on investment. Not mom and pop shops anymore and has been said above, you don't have to buy.

17. Bob Edwards

Bob Edwards pfm Member

Well said.

I think there is a tendency to substitute "cut costs" for "maximize return on investment," whether accurate or not.

18. Bas V

Bas V pfm Member

Of course there is free will to buy. But in the old days I trusted Naim that everything I bought was an upgrade. Now it seems to be focussed on ROI only and that' a shame. The Luminous chords were ridiculous, but this must be the king. They didn't even bother to put a Naim logo on the cord; it's just a stock-product. The profits must be huge. And lots of people will buy it because of a placebo-effect. For me Naim has lost all of its credibility.

19. cromodora

cromodora foshfishfie

Flatcap inside
    [​IMG]

20. whatsnext

whatsnext Naimless

It is touching that people trusted Naim. It is obvious to those of us who did not get smitten with Naim love