advertisement

Linear PSU for NAS & Router

Don't worry, they don't hear what i hear, literally ....... so these sort of comments mean fekk all to me, i post things in hope that someone else may be open minded enough to try things.

Are you open-minded enough to ask the guy that makes your DAC why changing the power supply to your router made a difference to the sound? And while you’re asking, ask what he thinks about uncertified power supplies with no known provenance.

Anyone care to point out the guff/errors of my way in the below system ;-)

Audionet DNA 2.0
ProAc SM100 speakers on Custom Design/ed speaker stands
Elsdon Wonfor Audio LS-25 speaker cables
QNAP TS251+ 8GB RAM 2x1TB SSDs with Teddy Prado LPSU / RoonServer
QED Performance USB cable
Lindy Cromo CAT6

?

@AndyU in case you missed it. you can sleep now, this one is CE approved. ;-)

Oh no, here we go, this whole thread will get repeated except now you will abuse everyone who doesn’t immediately spend hundreds on a TP supply just because you think it makes a difference to your system. But I guess the hype fest thread for your old Taiwanese garden shed supply will help you sell it. My mind is open.

FFS Andy, i abuse.... are you for real........??? Have i told anyone they must be stupid or ignorant not to buy one on my recommendations ... let me answer that for you, Fcuk NO.
'tis quite simple, if you don't like it don't read it.

Cereal, Since you have a NAS and your Audionet DNA 2.0 is equipped with an ethernet port... why didn't you simply remove the USB cable from the NAS and play files over ethernet, obviating any influence a power supply could have?

This guy is never around when a thread needs him

image2.jpg

Audionet DNA 2.0
Lindy Cromo CAT6

?

Yes, his name is Teddy Pardo.

(Couldn't resist).

I still do not. In my view if a toaster makes a noise of buzzing or whatever, I would accept that, but with music replay, I'd call buzzing or chirping noises [etc] a fault. In what way is there a point to make about that unless you like noises off on replay?
In other words it's not an issue which in itself would affect dac audio quality.

Don't worry, they don't hear what i hear, literally ....... so these sort of comments mean fekk all to me, i post things in hope that someone else may be open minded enough to try things.
Open minded is fine, allowing it to fall out and roll around the floor is another.

Audionet DNA 2.0
Lindy Cromo CAT6

?

Well one obvious one, by your own admission the dac is seriously negatively affected by the nas power supply.

hi CK - id for one like to know how the teddy sounds compared to the cheapy chinese job as may invest in a cheap one for my home hub 5 if its worth while..
ta

advertisement

Back