advertisement

Jeremy Corbyn's Speech at the Labour Conference 2017

Parties which did not emerge from some sort of terrorism are in the minority I'm afraid, and from afar it doesn't seem impossible to me that Labour also took/takes advantage of such alliances. Now pretending that the Tories' political survival is based on terrorism is IMO a bit far-fetched, if this is what you meant in your post.
Who? The Lib Dems? The tories? Emerged from terrorism did they?

The DUP still has its tentacles, it's terrorist infrastructure is still in place.
Labour depend on which political arm of a terrorist organisation to stay in power?
And they paid them how much?

Parties which did not emerge from some sort of terrorism are in the minority I'm afraid, and from afar it doesn't seem impossible to me that Labour also took/takes advantage of such alliances. Now pretending that the Tories' political survival is based on terrorism is IMO a bit far-fetched, if this is what you meant in your post.

The DUP have enabled the Tories to have a working majority in the H of C. The Tories bribed the DUP with £1bn. The DUP are by and large a bunch of self-seeking bigots who are committed to the maintenance of discrimination against Catholics. The Tories have discredited democracy with their sordid deal. Your allegation against Labour is totally baseless with no foundation whatsoever.

The Tories duped the Liberals and bribed the DUP while sacrificing the future of the UK to head off UKIP. Not a high benchmark for Corbyn to beat is it ?

Your allegation against Labour is totally baseless with no foundation whatsoever.
I did lean out of the window somewhat as I assumed that, given the animated history of GB, small militant parties were quite common, some of them having used their own methods to create their base. And as I basically don't think that "Tory=bad" and *Labour=good", I don't see why Labour should be "clean" and Tory is "not clean". But I cannot cite an example ideed. But let's change the topic - how can one party bribe another with £1bn ? And if this is really the case, then there's a big worm in GB's political system. Finally this £1bn doesn't shed a good light on DUP either, moreover we don't know what they plan to do with that sum.

I did lean out of the window somewhat as I assumed that, given the animated history of GB, small militant parties were quite common, some of them having used their own methods to create their base. And as I basically don't think that "Tory=bad" and *Labour=good", I don't see why Labour should be "clean" and Tory is "not clean". But I cannot cite an example ideed. But let's change the topic - how can one party bribe another with £1bn ? And if this is really the case, then there's a big worm in GB's political system. Finally this £1bn doesn't shed a good light on DUP either, moreover we don't know what they plan to do with that sum.

If you lean out of a window to clutch at straws you will inevitably come crashing to the ground. Best to have some support or you will end up a mess.

Calling the £1bn a bribe is not unreasonable. Theresa May's DUP-Tory deal criticised as 'shabby and reckless' http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40413620

I find it hard to believe that you don't know all this.

Right wing tory loving BBC bashing JC as per usual

Does suggest the Tories have jumped the shark on this one. Core support is shrinking/hardening with every move they make. Suspect it still includes the guys and gals at Newsnight though. ;)

Corbyn's not done with Ben Bradley yet:

http://www.dorseteye.com/north/arti...er-from-corb-s-lawyers-to-ben-bradley-tory-mp

Maybe this will teach the lying Tory pipsqueak a lesson.

Wow, that is quite some letter from Corbyn's lawyers. Bradley is rightly being made to grovel.

If he decides to ignore the legal requests, Corbyn will sue him for a large amount of money and donate it to charity. Calling the innocent leader of the Labour Party a traitor is going to be very costly.

Shouldn't imagine Bradley is happy with the Tory supporting media who published his smearing tweet. Maybe he needs a vasectomy so he can't breed. He recommends them for the working classes.

Jack

The cheapest billion I have ever heard of.
At a time of enforced austerity, the Tories somehow manage to conjure up £1bn to bribe the DUP into supporting them in the H of C. It is a cheap and grubby political gesture.

Pity the whole extract wasn't shown above, only the bit where the Tory spokesman is taken to the cleaners. A few seconds before that Andrew Gwynne from Labour's front bench is torn to pieces over his party's single market policy. Shows both party's spokespersons as inept as the other - Dumbledee and Dumblebum could have done a better job.

What has changed in politics in recent years that's left us with what seems to be nothing but total incompetence and a lack of talent across both major parties? I can't recall a more inept and divided government that this one, but it's balanced by what appears to be an even more inept and divided opposition.

What has changed in politics in recent years that's left us with what seems to be nothing but total incompetence and a lack of talent across both major parties? I can't recall a more inept and divided government that this one, but it's balanced by what appears to be an even more inept and divided opposition.

The Tory guy starts off looking so smug before he is taken to the cleaners which is great to watch. Then there's a bit where the Labour guy tries interrupt Andrew Neil to question the Tory and is slapped down. Entertaining but worrying as well.

Sorry, missed your post from last night so was wondering why you were worried and what SteveG was so cross about.

The Andrew Neil thing was fun but I wouldn’t read too much into it. IMO you’re not going to get a very clear idea about the strength or otherwise of the opposition from the little ritualised clinches of mainstream political programming.

advertisement

Back