advertisement

Insect Bites?

Thanks all. It seems to have settled again. A number of people in and around 'exotic' Billinge, which is an ancient hilltop community on an ancient hilltop, just far enough away from both St Helens and Wigan to be comfortable, have described similar bites with long lasting effects. Probably summat that escaped from Golborne, or Abram, or Bamfurlong, or some other nearby exotic community. :D

I don't think the notorious 'Blandford Fly' would consider moving from picturesque Dorset up to the grim north.

I don't think the notorious 'Blandford Fly' would consider moving from picturesque Dorset up to the grim north.

Jamie?
I think you'll find he's turned over a new leaf. Styles himself Malborough now.

If it just won't heal, see a doctor. You could be dealing with a parasite or bacterial infection

Thanks David. It seems to have settled down, but earlier this year I had one which took months to heal. These little flies do seem to set up a sort of ulcerous reaction.

Mull

A few years ago i had an insect bite on my leg near the Knee which swelled and started to go a dark blue and over the next couple of days swelling moved slowly down the leg. Doctor gave me anti biotics and the problem went away. He did say that if it had continued that they would have had to cut the back of the lower leg to relieve pressure on the muscles or the leg would not work again.

As someone who's dealing with illness myself, I've found much relief by using Aromatherapy oils. They can be applied dissolved into a carrier oil such as almond oil - just massage generally or smooth onto affected area - in a bath or via a diffuser (wonderful device, works like magic). I can recommend this diffuser from Amazon. Makes a great Xmas pressie, btw.

Researching through my Aromatherapy references, it seems that the best essential oils for insect bites are:

• Chamomile (German and Roman)
  • Lavender (spike and true)
  • Melissa
  • Tea Tree

For allergy relief, try the localised application (in a carrier oil) of:

• Tea Tree
  • Nioulio
  • Moroccan Chamomile (Tanacetum anuum)
  • Pinus sylvestris

Overall, these might be worth a try:

• Tea Tree
  • Chamomile
Amazon tends to be a good source for these oils. Choose two or three and you can blend them. Go for Essential oil, 100% pure and preferably organic.

Won't hurt and could well help.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Note that Calendula Oil makes a good 'carrier' for mixing the oils, particularly for skin conditions.

When my leg was blue/ black from Knee almost down to the ankle I expected the most powerful antibiotic known to man. I wonder what they would have prescribed before antibiotics were around?

advertisement

Back