advertisement

Illegal raves are back ....

foxwelljsly

Me too, I ate one sour too.
Delighted to see one of the traditional sounds of the English countryside is making a return. I'm too bloody old and out of date for this sort of thing now, but it's great to see the youth of today keeping these traditions alive.

Delighted to see one of the traditional sounds of the English countryside is making a return. I'm too bloody old and out of date for this sort of thing now, but it's great to see the youth of today keeping these traditions alive.

There’s never been a greater need. Mind you it’ll give the Tories something to demonise and break heads over.

Underground Resistance Manifesto​

Underground Resistance is a label for a movement. A movement that wants change by sonic revolution. We urge you to join the resistance and help us combat the mediocre audio and visual programming that is being fed to the inhabitants of Earth, this programming is stagnating the minds of the people; building a wall between races and preventing world peace. It is this wall we are going to smash. By using the untapped energy potential of sound we are going to destroy this wall much the same as certain frequencies shatter glass. Techno is a music based in experimentation; it is music for the future of the human race. Without this music there will be no peace, no love, no vision. By simply communicating through sound, techno has brought people of all different nationalities together under one roof to enjoy themselves. Isn‘t it obvious that music and dance are the keys to the universe? So called primitive animals and tribal humans have known this for thousands of years! We urge all brothers and sisters of the underground to create and transmit their tones and frequencies no matter how so called primitive their equipment may be. Transmit these tones and wreak havoc on the programmers!”

I've said here before that we need raves to bring people together again. Kill the hatred and divisions through music!

Astonishingly the Daily Mail readership appear to agree.

o73BR5M.png

We had a couple in Sheffield last year, I think one was in Beeley Woods which is close to our house. Made a right racket & left a huge mess. Police did sod all as they don’t have any real powers.

Pretty sure there was another in Bradfield area which is near the peaks.

A movement that wants change by sonic revolution.
Sounds cool, but my guess is that the 'movement' serves first and foremost the egoistic needs of its organisers. Usually such events take place on someone else's land, and more often than not the people leave a mess when they leave, left for the farmers to clean up.

Police did sod all as they don’t have any real powers.
Here they intervene rather rapidly, they do defend the rights of the farmers. In one case a (very young) organiser got a hefty fine, he went to court and behaved so terribly there that the fine was increased threefold. Sorry for my lack of tolerance, but currently the future looks grim for many farmers, I have respect for what they do, therefore I don't see why any youngsters should be entitled to trod down this basic form of respect.

Sounds cool, but my guess is that the 'movement' serves first and foremost the egoistic needs of its organisers. Usually such events take place on someone else's land, and more often than not the people leave a mess when they leave, left for the farmers to clean up.

Here they intervene rather rapidly, they do defend the rights of the farmers. In one case a (very young) organiser got a hefty fine, he went to court and behaved so terribly there that the fine was increased threefold. Sorry for my lack of tolerance, but currently the future looks grim for many farmers, I have respect for what they do, therefore I don't see why any youngsters should be entitled to trod down this basic form of respect.
The writer of that manifesto has been involved with numerous grass-roots projects in Detroit for over 30 years. They’ve given one interview during that time ( that I know of), and refuse to have their face photographed. Love or hate him, Mike Banks certainly walks the walk.

The writer of that manifesto has been involved with numerous grass-roots projects in Detroit for over 30 years. They’ve given one interview during that time ( that I know of), and refuse to have their face photographed. Love or hate him, Mike Banks certainly walks the walk.
If he is so proud to publish his manifesto, why doesn’t he stand up straight to it ?

The Battle of the Beanfield had nothing to do with "legal powers" and everything to do with the police being brutal thugs.
I quoted a sentence that included the words 'real powers'. What has legality got to do with anything? I accept your general point nonetheless.

Battle of the Beanfield. CJA (19** etc, 20** etc). More than enough string for the bows when the need arises.
Unfortunately they won’t have the manpower or the inclination. Trying to stop a rave in the middle of nowhere may need multi force co operation etc.

One near us went on for about 12 hours, police did nothing .

£26,
Unfortunately they won’t have the manpower or the inclination. Trying to stop a rave in the middle of nowhere may need multi force co operation etc.

One near us went on for about 12 hours, police did nothing .
As I say, when the need arises, the resources will be there in abundance. 12 hours? Amateurs.

Still plenty going on in the Galloway hills every year, mostly organised by those of us who we’re putting them on in this area 30+ years ago, admittedly you have to be “in the scene” so to speak or be well known to someone to get an invite which keeps them usually under 200ish folk which is a manageable number. No charge but donations are accepted for equipment etc as they are proper sound systems and to pay the land owner. An absolute zero damage/rubbish policy enforced with recycling bins etc. Coffee tent/chill out area with couple of porta loos and if you act like a dick you will be treated like a dick.

advertisement

Back