advertisement

Illegal raves are back ....

I must be alone in not being impressed then. All well and good that young people can have some fun, but I know I'd not be impressed if I was woken up by music in some nearby field in my otherwise quiet countryside neighbourhood (the presumption being that the only reason i'd ever be living in the country in the first place is for the peace and quiet).

Yay! I'll get my 3610i Nokia back out of the drawer and wait for the direction texts :D

Half the fun was meeting up in service stations then driving en masse with tunes blazing out and passing joints from car to car, Energy 52 : Cafe Del Mar as the sun is setting then hearing the bass build as you get closer

Worth posting this classic

And finally a YouTube dump of Spaced, one of the best shows ever

Funnily enough only a couple of days ago did I manage to find a mint vinyl copy of the album that I used to listen to (on cassette) on the way to these raves. Four up in my mini with this blaring on the stereo.

And a link to all the tracks so you can relive the first ever album by these two geniuses.

Funnily enough only a couple of days ago did I manage to find a mint vinyl copy of the album that I used to listen to (on cassette) on the way to these raves. Four up in my mini with this blaring on the stereo.

And a link to all the tracks so you can relive the first ever album by these two geniuses.

I’ve got a CD copy of this on its way to me as we speak. A classic of the era. Both members went on to make amazing music afterwards as well.

Get down Brighton beach the Tuesday morning after a Bank Holiday weekend and witness tons and tons of litter- empty glass bottles, used disposable barbecues, pizza boxes etc. No calls for the rozzers to close down the beach that I was ever aware of.

Get down Brighton beach the Tuesday morning after a Bank Holiday weekend and witness tons and tons of litter- empty glass bottles, used disposable barbecues, pizza boxes etc. No calls for the rozzers to close down the beach that I was ever aware of.
They would if they could!

They would if they could!
Not as long as the punters are passing their hard earned over the counters. You can sit on the beach for hours and leave as much mess as you are able to. The right to have fun outdoors is proportionate to how much you can spend to do it.

Not as long as the punters are passing their hard earned over the counters. You can sit on the beach for hours and leave as much mess as you are able to. The right to have fun outdoors is proportionate to how much you can spend to do it.
That's true. If you have an ice cream van the best place to do business is next to another one!

advertisement

Back