advertisement

I know which one I’d choose

Marchy, my man.

That’s reminded me of a waiter I encountered on my first visit to Noo Yoik who was obviously doing his best to live up to the abrasive, hard-bitten native tag. I told him what I wanted, he frowned and asked me to repeat. I did. ‘Do you want (US pronunciation of whatever it was)? Because what I’m hearing is (exaggerated English pronunciation of same.)’ I apologised and confirmed. A wee while later he returned and plonked my plate down in front of me just as the young fellow at the next table was getting down on his knees to propose. (To his girlfriend, not me.) The waiter regarded the scene with something approaching disdain. ‘Awww,’ he said. ‘I think I’m getting an erection.’ Then he stomped off back to the kitchen.

What did you order? Was it crispspspsps or 'tater chips?

Joe

If we are talking Star Trek women, there were simply too many to choose from. (green would have been interesting, though)

Over the years I've read many posts on the forum where a fishie writes something like, "I know which one I'd choose" when commenting about something.

"Lots of people drink gin and tonic, but that's because they've never had a good mojito. I know which one I'd choose."​

"The LP12 is a decent table, but if people ventured outside their comfort zone they'd quickly discover that many record players do the traditional Linn PRaT things as well as much more. An obvious table to try is a Garrard 301 in a something-something plinth. I know which one I'd choose."​

"Star Wars is entertaining enough, but it's really not science fiction like Star Trek. I know which one I'd choose."​

Knowing which one you would choose is obvious and self-evident because you have keen insight into the thoughts in your head. Have you ever not known which one you would choose?

OK, perhaps a dopey premise for a thread, but given the choice between starting a thread about this topic and not starting a thread about this topic I know all too well which one I'd choose and now you do too.

Joe
Joe, have you been on the sherbert again?

(or mycellian mind juice or whatever they invented in that parallel ST universe)

advertisement

Back