advertisement

How a Linn Sondek LP12 is built.

Quite lmpressive

Wondering what the retail price is of that Linn lp12 shown?

That looks like an oak plinth so I guess it is one of the limited edition ones and it's fully loaded - so very expensive.

Nice, except you can't use a stethoscope on a curved surface, it needs an airtight seal.

I wonder how many of us started are Hifi journey by having a Linn lp12

I was certainly one of them and mr Chris Brooks audio of Warrington came to my house and set the Linn up

the good old days!

I was certainly one of them and mr Chris Brooks audio of Warrington came to my house and set the Linn up

the good old days!

not me - rega planar 3 then roksan xerxes, still have it and works well even after 30 years I think it must be. wow the LP12 spindle is very wide? what I finds truly amazing is the robot that adds the components to the boards!

the good old days!

Started!!!!

Beautifully shot with wonderful graphics. The commentary, however, sounds like it's been written by a Linn dealer who needs to get his sales up!

Lucky Linn for this bit of publicity!

Beautifully shot with wonderful graphics. The commentary, however, sounds like it's been written by a Linn dealer who needs to get his sales up!

Lucky Linn for this bit of publicity!

+1 Sounded like a Euro Referendum Broadcast in parts. Nice graphics though. Best watched with the PC sound off and a record on.

They claim uninterrupted music, the whole night through.

I would refute this assertion.

My Acoustic Research AR XA cost me £25 and sounds excellent.
The LP12 is overpriced...

A thing of beauty to look at (in my opinion), to operate, and which to listen. Elegant simplicity. When I first saw them new, I think they were $79. A few bucks more got you a very decent Shure cartridge. The arms weren't much to look at but a lot better than you might think. I wish I had bought one.

A thing of beauty to look at (in my opinion), to operate, and which to listen. Elegant simplicity. When I first saw them new, I think they were $79. A few bucks more got you a very decent Shure cartridge. The arms weren't much to look at but a lot better than you might think. I wish I had bought one.

This is my second one. I bought a new one in the '70s and sold it to buy a Technics DD turntable.
I use an MC cartridge and it works very well in the XA's arm.

I have to admit I have an LP 12, bought in the early '80s.
A friend at a Hi-Fi shop sold it to me at a low price.
To be honest, I think the AR is as good...

the good old days!

Never owned one in 45 years of hi-fi addiction

Whenever I heard one...always sounded coloured and "wrong" to my ears (still does)

All the "black magic" about constant re-setting suspension tell me that the basic engineering design is fundamentally flawed

Then all the Linn political bullshit in the 80`s and 90`s put the final nail in the coffin

Only ever owned one of Linn`s products and the atrocious customer service I experienced with the company confirmed my decision never to give any house room to anything with a Linn badge on it...maybe their current stuff is OK...seems pricey though compared to the competition

laurie

The thing is, if properly setup (without tricks like using talc) then the setting lasts for years and the suspension does not need 'constant re-setting'

Mike

advertisement

Back