advertisement

Honestly - how did you buy your speakers? Audition or blind?

Did you audition your speakers before buying them?

• Yes I went out of my way to demo before purchasing

Votes: 72 50.3%
  • No, I jumped straight into them without knowing.

Votes: 71 49.7%

• Total voters
Second hand, and blind always. But also at a price I can move them on for if I don’t like them :)

Have bought blind in the past but last pair were serious money so I made the effort to do a shop and home demo.

I bought my last pair blind and based on a recommendation and not looked back. There wasn't even a review online to read to give me an idea of how they would sound.

I have, though, had mixed results in the past. Bought without auctioning and either loved the speakers or hated them. Listened to speakers at a dealers and loved the sound only to get them home and not enjoy them at all.

This is why if you buy right (right price mainly) and stick with the better "brands" you don't lose too much if you have to move on.

I always buy used and so demo apart from when picking speakers up is hard. I bought Epos 14's, Guru QM10's and Dynaudio X32'a all blind and am picking up some contour 3.4's tomorrow and although I will have a listen at the sellers house I will buy them without listening to them at home so short sighted rather than blind.

advertisement

Back