advertisement

homeless at christmas

Correct Doc. I butted out of this when the name calling started.

To recap Homlesness is not nice, neither is crapping on peoples property or premises, I don't expect to be name called for that.

In fact if it were on my doorstep the I'd think the culprits Christmas might get even worse.

You are very right about how not nice it is Mr Not Rude. When did you become disillusioned with your selfless work in the caring professions and leave them for this new life?

http://www.crisis.org.uk if you have visited and contributed try to avoid the temptation to tell us you have.

Merry Christmas and Good will to the vast majority* of PFM people none of whom are homeless I trust

I've no intention of visiting it. It kind of puts me off when someone keeps telling you to.

Did not realise you were so affected by people simply saying it is there (by the way it wasn't just for your eyes others are looking at this thread). I do hope you do not have issues about being told to do things.

Just wanted to say unrudely of course I am glad I have never made your acquaintance at a bake off for example it would be so rude of me to alter my demeanour towards you at any future encounter. You I expect would not wish to make mine either.

Do you not think it is rude to do what you alluded to doing to someone unfortunate enough to leave faeces near your home?

I wonder if you ever encounter one of "these people"? Where I work is full of big issue sellers, because it is an above average quality of life for many of those living there, some are mini private estates not just houses. The sellers will get better results for their efforts here. I believe sellers do have a roof over their heads, one step above sleep outside dregs you despise. Still to watch them stood outside for hours in this weeks wind is instructive.

Enjoy your Christmas. I won Euro Millions last night so I'm OK, only £8.80 mind you.

I am trying to unrudely understand another human beings POV which seems to be so indifferent to others less fortunate. Are you kind to animals?

I'm actually not that indifferent to others less fortunate believe it or not, it's the crapping on peoples property bit that does for me, I'm surprised I'm alone with that view.

I like animals too.

And thanks for that earlier, enjoy your Christmas too. Well done on the Euromillions as well.........I gave my last lottery win to charity by the way, although I don't like to mention it:D

Soiled cardboard could mean anything and moreover it was the cardboard not the doorway that was soiled. Kenny stop posting shite, you've dug a hole for yourself and like many of the 'nasties' on pfm probably can't mean half of what you say.

Sneering at the homeless doesn't look too good on anyones' character reference old chap so give it a rest.

Aside from this , it was 2 degrees this am when I passed him still sleeping in the doorway this morning at 7.45 , pretty rough to be doing that on Christmas day
Hope it can be sorted soon as getting to me now and need to get something done to help

Christmas is irrelevant, it's homelessness which is the issue. That awful "Do they know it's Christmas?" charity song never fails to irritate for the same reason.

True, its just contrasted by all the families you see who are clutching presents , mind you I have visited a number of folks today who had absolutely no family ring or see them at all
Many elderly remain on their own

Christmas is irrelevant, it's homelessness which is the issue. That awful "Do they know it's Christmas?" charity song never fails to irritate for the same reason.

+2

Christmas means that people are nice to each other on one day of the year so they can be utter selfish ***** to each other on every other.

Close to 200 posts about dog shit on the streets and about 100 for homeless persons on the street. Says it all.

If you must know I actually believe that homelessness is a social crime. Once someone is at that stage for whatever reason, they cannot get a job and are alienated from society. Without a job and without a home they just cease to function.

This is one of the rare instances where I think money should be pumped into hostels where these people can get an address for a few months and start rebuilding their lives. In return I work expect them to help maintain and work in the hostel but leaving anyone outside to sleep in a box is inhumane.

If they can rebuild their lives and contribute to the economy, we all win.

I don't see your logic.
Why not offer similar support, resulting in a similar positive outcome, for those who find themselves in any downward spiral?

No answer, and it's been a while. Do you need more thinking time?

advertisement

Back