• No!

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Yes!

Votes: 19 73.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

aedagnino

pfm Member
Ok, just read somewhere something about musical guilty pleasures and I wanted to know if this is something that is common or not here in PinkFish. Vote!

On a sunny day when I'm cruising in my soft top I've got a CD going on that just fits the bill ,The Stylistics Greatest Hits .

I listen to Simon Mayo's all request Friday on Radio 2, it's the only time I ever listen to Radio 2. We call it the Middle Class Request Show at home.

Cheers BB

Can anybody think of any guilty pleasures that are not in a broad 'pop/rock' genre (for these purposes, I'd class 'country' as in that genre, being broadly 'popular music')? My point being that I can't readily think of any classical music I'd call a guilty pleasure, nor Jazz. I guess the closest I'd come in 'classical' would be Ravel's Bolero, or the 1812 Overture, perhaps, but I don't really consider those to be guilty pleasures. I'm not a Wagnerian, but do his politics make Wagnerians experience any guilty frissons, now and then?

Guilty of what precisely

I imagine I could fill the entire thread with unfashionable, low brow, unintelligent , non thought provoking musical nonsense I listen to on a daily basis :D

I have no shame or guilt, exactly as it should be where music is concerned.

Does weird Scandinavian jazz count? Examples such as Esbjorn Svensson Trio & Tord Gustaven Trio.
I can understand why others think it’s plinky-plonky nonsense, but I kinda like it.
Equally, I have never “got” Pink Floyd or Eric Clapton. Leaves me absolutely cold. I’m guessing lots of others would call for me to be burned at the stake.

advertisement

Back