Do you have grandchildren?

• Yes

Votes: 56 35.9%
  • No

Votes: 92 59.0%
  • Don't Know

Votes: 8 5.1%

• Total voters
I'm 50 with three daughters and a beautiful 5 month granddaughter, all girls I know ;)

:)

Lucky you!
The girls are far more likely to give you time (the only important thing) as they get older.
I am speaking from my experience - 2 Sons, and 1 Daughter.

:)

Lucky you!
The girls are far more likely to give you time (the only important thing) as they get older.
I am speaking from my experience - 2 Sons, and 1 Daughter.

Yeah I see this reaction with my wife and her two sisters towards her parents

Good news

We have another Grandchild on the way! Hurrah!

This time, #2Boy (our youngest) and his partner have declared the bun is in the oven.
We sincerely hope all goes well.
Advised to avoid finding out the childs sex pre-birth - it’s the one big reveal in life :)

That will make 4 Grandchildren. Plenty to be going on with.

Granddaughter #1 over today.

We spent an hour on ear-training.
Last weeks the G-Kid witnessed/ helped with the unpacking of the new Sl1200G turntable.
Today she got to listen to its reproduction.

She picked this album, which she knows very well.

Florence And The Machine – Lungs

More images

Label: Universal Republic Records – B0014716-01, IAmSound Records – B0014716-01
Format:
Vinyl, LP, Album, Gatefold
Released: 31 Aug 2010
Genre: Rock, Pop

G-Kid said it sounded good. Described depth in the soundstage and hearing more generally.
She has the c.d. which she plays on her Denon system, and over her Philips Fidelio X2HR headphones, so she is used to hearing it at a reasonable standard.

Training young ears is a joy. The granddaughter sat in the sweet spot with her eyes closed all the time she was listening. She didn’t say a word till the album side had finished. Excellent!

Granddaughter #1 (who is 14 yrs. old) visited yesterday.

She is into a band called ‘The Reytons’ from Rotherham - we played a few of their tunes via youtube bluetoothed to my system. Energetic Rock with a heavy pinch of the Arctic Monkeys.

We watched a bit more of Peter Jackson’s The Beatles biopic ‘Get Back’ which is currently available on Disney+

The G-Kid had The Beatles and Elvis Presley fed to her as a very young child, (by me !) so is familiar with their work.
This time she got to witness Yoko Ono singing/wailing - that shocked her 😀
She was surprised when George Harrison walks out of the rehearsals.
I think it will take a few more visits to finish the documentary, The G-Kid is deliberately avoiding listening to the last Beatles studio album ‘Let It Be.’ She doesn’t know how the film ends with the rooftop gig.
I am expecting tears.
What will be a wonderful moment will be when we have finished the documentary and the Granddaughter and I will listen to my lovely copy of the Let It Be L.P. - it is a fine sounding album. (early 1970 repress)

I have introduced The Girl to my favourite pen for handwriting - a Pilot G2 gel pen 1mm nib. When I was Nursing it was important to have a pen that worked effectively, and I tried many types - the Pilot G2 with 1mm nib suited my handwriting perfectly. The G-Kid gave it a try and was instantly converted. Good.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Only just found this thread and enjoyed reading it
We have seven grandchildren and one more on the way. We had the two and a half year old all day today. We are totally exhausted!!!
Looking forward to bed time.

Wow, seven Grandchildren! That sounds wonderful and knackering at the same time. Do you ever have to work through all of your children’s and grandchildren’s names before you get to the correct one? 😀
It does bring the question of favourites? I only have one Daughter, so she is the favourite!
Seven G-Kids… coo.

Wow, seven Grandchildren! That sounds wonderful and knackering at the same time. Do you ever have to work through all of your children’s and grandchildren’s names before you get to the correct one? 😀
It does bring the question of favourites? I only have one Daughter, so she is the favourite!
Seven G-Kids… coo.
I am starting to realise why my mother called all her grandchildren ‘pud’. Saves cycling through all the different names!
J

My wife and I are sitting over breakfast looking on Vinted for Children’s dressing up clothes. We bought the two and a half year old and Elsa costume that she wore all day yesterday and apparently, after we had dropped her home in the evening, she had the screaming hab-dabs when she had to take it off for bath and bed.

When I visited my local Mens Shed, I was amazed to discover just how much childcare grandparents are providing! Some of the grandads there had their grandchildren staying over for 3 nights per week. They were exhausted, but uncomplaining. They saw it as a way to help their own kids financially and with mental health/marital relations. Good on 'em but the thought terrifies me (I have no Grandchildren).

My grandson has been playing The Last of Us, here on my PS5. There are times when a guitar emulator comes up and I suggested he tried the steel guitar (he is learning to play guitar (acoustic and electric) and can make a passable go at a few tunes). His response was“why would anyone want a steel guitar, it would sound crap”. I asked if he had ever heard Dire Straits? His answer “Who?”. So I played him Telegraph Road and he said he wants to hear it again, but let the album play for now. Then it was Sultans of Swing and he thinks he can copy parts of that. “My parents have a crap taste in music, but I like your stuff” - “Why because it's good or becauseI play it loud?” - “Both”. From the mouths of babes! Currently cooking dinner whilst he plays on the PS5 and Motley Crue through my HiFi. Only 24 hours to go until I get my systems back. Wouldn't trade it for the world.

Granddaughter number 1 turned 5 today. Granddaughter number 2 had threatened to make her first appearance today, which would have been interesting but we appear to have avoided that potential calamity. Number 1 has stated that number 2 can go back if she doesn’t have rainbow hair and believe in unicorns. I remain in trouble for explaining that horses were unicorns which had yet to develop their horns :)

Last edited:
Have you any children?
Aye. Two of them. One of each. So the potential is there. I think it's more the thought of going back to serious levels of child-care that scares me, rather than being a grandparent. I found it quite hard, when my own kids were small, to muster the energy needed to be a good (enough) parent.

advertisement

Back