Good Afternoon All,

When this isn't enough to offset increasing costs:-

93wKK5w.jpg

then you need to look at adding this:-

OBGIxmE.jpg

Electrician due next week.......

Regards

Richard

I could buy a lot of electricity for the cost of those batteries and their installation.

I could buy a lot of electricity for the cost of those batteries and their installation.

Indeed but when you add up the savings plus the potential export benefits (a bit of hedging going on there*) over several years then it makes sense. I'll save over £125 in January alone and prices are forecast to go up again in March. Installation costs are minimal.

What is it? More battery storage?

Yes another 18.4kW of battery to add to the PW2 (which at 2.5yrs old is now down to 10.6kW usable) so 29kW available.

* There is discussion about variable export pricing - if I can charge the batteries during the day (obviously during the 'summer' months) and then export from 16:00 to 19:00 at preferential rates then there is money to be made.

We'll see how things develop.

Needed to break away from the PW2 as you have no control over it.

The cost of what I have bought i.e. 18.4kWh (usable) of battery is less than the the cost of a PW2 at 11.5kWh (usable allowing for 15% reserve)

Regards

Richard

Indeed but when you add up the savings plus the potential export benefits (a bit of hedging going on there*) over several years then it makes sense. I'll save over £125 in January alone and prices are forecast to go up again in March. Installation costs are minimal.

I take it you're a higher than average user?

I take it you're a higher than average user?

The joys of having a heat pump, sewage treatment plant, water treatment/ pump, satellite modem, electric fencing unit etc. etc.

Consumption September to March = 8700kWh and we are working to try and reduce this.

The EV is on top of this.....

Edited bit - just to show how difficult forecasting can be. We're all aware that the weather of recent has been mild? If I look at our electricity consumption over the last 30 days with the same period last year then we used 799kW this year and 1133kW last year.

Regards

Richard

Just had the price back for my oil order via the local oil club and that was 79p per litre, plus VAT, which isn't too bad considering.

I still don’t get why when a large company like this is making a profit the owners get rich but when it goes belly up we, the tax payer, pays the bill. The owners should be penny less and in prison.

Looks like Ovo have made a pigs ear of some of the inherited SSE accounts.

Jane Barclay’s projected quarterly energy consumption in her two-person household rocketed to £49,000 when she submitted meter readings. “I was assured my account would be put on hold but am now being chased over a bill of £34,015 for the three months to October,” she said. “What started as one of modern life’s irritations is now taking up many hours of my week and I’ve hit a brick wall trying to sort it out. I’ve cancelled my direct debit, otherwise they would have just taken the money, but I know that shortly they will put this in hands of a debt collector.”

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2022/nov/23/uk-energy-customers-bills-ovo-sse

advertisement

Back