advertisement

Election night 2019 / aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.
No that was related to looking information at actual postal votes which is specifically illegal.
Fair enough, I thought there was a general ban on comments regarding voting patterns until 10pm. Still think there’s a chance it might save Johnson from defeat, though.

with zero credibility...has it ever happened?

Lord Home / Sir Alec Douglas Home ran the Foreign Office from the Lords before becoming PM and having a safe seat made available for him to be PM in the Commons.

Carrington also ran the FO from the Lords as late as 1979-1982, resigning over the Falklands. So being a very senior minister in the Lords has recent form.

Resinging over a matter of honour does seem to have gone out the window since Carrington.

Actually, he didn't, comrade. He said "right wing / racist". I've already clarified the "fascist" issue for your benefit. The best thing, though, was the "Failure to comply will result in..." boilerplate. It's like getting a letter from John McDonnell.
Who's this muppet :D

I think another minor Tory MP has to fall on his sword and they parachute Johnson into the vacant seat

And at the same time every Labour voter in that seat 'rents' every room in their house to other Labour voters who magically have just moved there. We could chase him round the country and keep him from power forever :D

Ooh, now that would be a consolation prize worth having (so long as the Tories don't plump for PM Mogg or Francois instead).

The Lib Dem and Green stragglers would be enough to see him off. The last polls suggested it's very tight.

ELmo014XYAAnSNW

Sorry to burst the bubble, but @brianelects suggests it's not legit ( much as I'd love it to be)

Really? Looking at postal votes before an election closes is not illegal?
Apparently not, they cannot be counted. This happens quite a bit where sources will express concerns or optimism based upon postal votes they've seen. If they gave more specifity then, yes, that would be illegal.

I only know this as once the froth has died down on twitter some people who actually know what they are talking about come to the surface.

If she has acted illegally then I cannot see how prosecution could be avoided.

I guess that’s why I don’t pay any attention to what goes on on Twitter. Unverifiable sources, people with a hidden agenda, a large credulous audience spreading the gossip etc. etc.

Sorry to burst the bubble, but @brianelects suggests it's not legit ( much as I'd love it to be)
...although I like the idea of something called ‘Brian Elects.’

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back