advertisement

eBay - RM Delivery to wrong address

What is a confirmed delivery ?

Is an unlocked porch considered so ?

Is a locked porch considered so as well ? (ie leave the parcel on the outside of it with a photo)

The third example has happened to my neighbour recently.

Inside a porch, if the customer is ok with it then I’ll do it. Outside it in plain view, no.

Stashed somewhere dry and out of sight, depends if I want to do that particular customer a favour. If they’ve failed the attitude test, then I generally don’t want to do them a favour…

If you have somewhere suitable, you can usually specify a safe place when you place an order.

As I mentioned, there’s a big change in duties being rolled out, which includes the reintroduction of dedicated parcel duties for the delivery of packages over a certain size. There’s some teething issues, including what a postie thinks they should be delivering and what they think a parcel duty person should be, and, inevitably, vice versa…

Posties have been "signing" for deliveries to customers since Covid started. This information is on Royal Mail website and on communications from them to the addressee.

Posties have been "signing" for deliveries to customers since Covid started. This information is on Royal Mail website and on communications from them to the addressee.
This is true, and seems reasonable in the circumstances. But I can't see any justification for signing as delivered, before the item has actually been delivered. It's borderline fraudulent. Even if the intent is honourable, what happens if there's some mishap between the postie signing, and the actual delivery taking place. How do you unpick that?

The hub will do nothing. Call the depot in question and ask for the geo code data and photo of the location. Don’t take no for an answer they will have the info at the touch of a keyboard

I had an RM package delivered this morning by a man in a van, he rang the bell & waited, took a photo as proof of delivery into the unlocked porch. I asked him what if the porch was locked, he said he would take it back to the sorting office or more than likely the local post office, after leaving a note saying where.

advertisement

Back